The Masquerade ball pt2

Dimitri's Point Of View

The room smells of cigarettes and whiskey-- as the auctioneer coordinated the bid organized by Rafael. A young girl in a torn dress, stood, with a chain clinging tightly around her neck. The auction was nothing more than a slave trade, Rafael was selling werewolves and human alike--- men, women and children, like they were just a bunch of animals. It was just disgusting.

"Thirty-five thousand, five hundred." Rashnikov said, lifting up a board. He was the Alpha of a little pack up north, the skull pack, nothing more than mafias in furry clothing if you asked me. His mate looked quite decent, Antonia was her name, I saw her approaching my little witch before I left.

"Thirty-five thousand five hundred dollars, going…" the auctioneer spoke, searching for anyone with a higher bid among the crowd of Alphas.

"Fifty thousand!" Another pathetic alpha chorused, countering the prior bid. His name was Chase, Alpha of the Nok pack, they moved from Africa, finally settling here in Europe.

"Going for fifty thousand… Going…. Going… Sold!" The auctioneer banged his gavel loudly, accepting the highest offer. The girl was dragged away, she was now the property of Alpha Chase, only the goddess knows what is going to happen to the poor human now, best scenario couldn't be anything good. Before she was dragged away, she gave me a pleading look. I looked away from her violet eyes.

This was a waste of my time. Coming here was a mistake, I should leave.

"Alpha Dimitri, you haven't bought any slave since the bid started, don't any of these girls interest you? Don't worry, Isabella doesn't need to know anything." Rafael spoke carelessly to me. I could feel my blood boil at his words, against Luca's desperate wish to rip out his tongue I calmed myself down. Although a voiceless Rafael was a nice thought.

"Not that, I just don't like rolling in filth!" The other Alphas fell silent after hearing my words. A soft chuckle appeared on my face as I stared the other Alphas down, my power and authority dominating them.

"If there isn't any other issues to discuss, I will be going now." I said, turning away to the door.

"There is one more business proposal I think will be beneficial to you Alpha. Myself and the other Alphas have been thinking that it is about time for the power in the council to shift. We are planning a coup to overthrow Valor." Rafael spat blatantly, as everyone watched me quietly observing my reaction to their mediocre plan.

"So that's why I am really here. You want me to join your ploy to take down Valor." I added.

"Exactly. It's time we let Valor take a rest, don't you think?" Rafael asks.

"Let me guess, you all have already brilliantly decided on the person to take over once Valor is deposed?" I said, with obvious sarcasm in my voice. The answer to this was obvious.

"Yes Alpha Dimitri--- or should I say---- Supreme Alpha Dimitri." Rafael said with a small bow.

"It's you, you are the one meant for the title not Valor, you were meant to ascend your father's throne but Valor snatched it. Most Alphas agree that you are the last living lycan and only one worthy for the throne." Rafael continued, with his crooked smile in place.

So this was why this was only a gathering of set of greedy and blood thirsty Alphas and why they a have been kissing my fucking ass all night. They wanted me to take out Valor and become the Supreme Alpha. They were foolish to ever think that I would betray Valor, he and I had some differences and I didn't quite agree on everything he did but he was the one who taught me all that I knew, he was my father's closest friend and the closest thing I had to a father since mine died. I would never turn against him.