|October 19, 2024| ~Write or Desperate~

Day 19, Write or Desperate

Back to the loop of Code Jumper lore! Whoo! :D gotta love being brain-dead!

This does take place after The First Curse! Sabre is back this time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sabre

I stared at the blank page. The first one is in his brand-new journal. Numbers were carved into the title. The ones and zeros familiar to my eyes. I needed to do this. It's my job... Leader. To write down my experiences and my story. To share with others and eventually the next leader in line.

My feather pen gently dipped in and out of ink until it was at a perfect balance. I hovered it in my left hand over the first line. To write my story...

But what do I even write about?

Where do I start?

My thoughts lingered on my first life. Everything I experienced. The memories of my life of killing, of survival... all the Leaders had a better start to their story. One more hope. So I want to start this on a sour note.

Where does my story start?

The more I think about it the less I think about where my life started, and the one who helped me. The one who made it possible for me to survive as long as I have. To even have those few mere years of peace when I was a child.

My father.

The start of my story doesn't begin with me. The day I was born feels pointless compared to what my father had to do for me to get me to that point. Without him, my life wouldn't be how it is now. For the good of the better.

My father was there that day. He helped my mom out of the chaos. By protecting her, he protects me. Even if I was not yet born.  The day I was born he went back to the ruins. Finding a blindfold passed down by tradition. He knew I was the leader. Born with the mark on my hand. The first to ever be born with it. Others were created or were given.

I was the fate of our world.

Instead of my father telling me firsthand. He gave me something irreplaceable. A childhood. Though a short one. He gave me a home. A place of laughter with my mother. A field to explore. He knew that my. The future ahead would be hard. So he insisted on peace. He was going to tell me what I was that day. Why was never allowed to take off the blindfold over my eyes?

But he died before he could tell me a single word. The last words he spoke were clear to me.

Coordinates Locked.

I stopped writing where I was at. Images of that day flashed through my mind. I had to step away to let these memories come and go before attempting to write more.

I wish I knew how the other leaders did it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 498)