Soft Sheets

WARNING TAGS - Mild violence. Mature language.

CATEGORY - Fluff.  Soft-core.

PREVIEW - Logan suffers a terrifying nightmare and Wade attempts to console him.

———

Dozens of eyes burned into Logan as he entered the bar. He tried to see past them. Avoid their stares. The faces of everyone he'd let down. Strangers who know nothing about him except his past mistakes.

He lowered his eyes, quietly slipping onto the closest bar stool. The bartender doesn't need to look up to know who's there.

"A double. Whiskey."

The bartender stopped his cleaning, grabbed a bottle of rail whiskey, and poured a long double shot into a glass. He set it on the bar, but moved it away when Logan reached for it.

"I need prepayment this time. You drink up all my liquor and short me," the bartender said, sternly.

Logan looked up, raising an eyebrow. "The fuck are you saying? I paid last time."

Without warning, the bartender snatched the glass of whiskey and dumped it on the bar top. Logan jumped off his seat, startled by the splattering mess.

"Ay, bub, what's this about."

The dark golden liquid seeped off the counter and onto the dingy bar floor. He heard pounding and thundering in his head, realizing it's the sound of his heart hammering in his chest.

Logan glanced up at the bar man, panic swelling inside him. He felt more pairs of eyes watching him. Judging him.

The bartender glared at him and slammed the glass down on the counter. "You need to pay for what you did."

"I have the money, hold on-" Logan began, reaching in his pockets.

"NO! You MUST pay!"

The bartender roared, smacking his fists against the bar top. Glasses rattled and hummed around him. The pounding grew louder in his ears. Logan whipped his head around. The faces of strangers he didn't recognize and their eyes blurry with black and hatred. He needed to leave and run far away from here. But, he felt himself backing into a corner instead, unable to escape their leering gazes.

"Stay BACK!" Logan screamed, unsheathing his claws. The strangers continued to move in closer, crowding him. Logan felt his throat tighten and he almost choked on the fear. A strained cry escaped his mouth.

Silver and red flashed before him as he slaughtered each one of them. He squeezed his eyes shut, growling and slashing his way out of the corner. The strangers barely moved as he clawed his way out. Logan could still feel their eyes drilling into him as he rampaged through the bar. He wanted it to stop. Tears spilled down his cheeks.

After a few minutes, his claws and fists stopped hitting bodies, so he opened his eyes. In a bloody heap, lay the X-Men. Storm, Jean, Hank, Scott, all of them... dead. Slain by the Wolverine.

"What have you done?" The bartender asked, peering over Logan's shoulder in disgust. "You were suppose to protect them."

Logan heard the agonizing scream ring in his ears before he realized it was coming from his own mouth.

"HEY! Wake up!"

Logan immediately sat up right, his jaw slack and eyes wide in horror. He could still see their bodies.

"Easy tiger."

Logan peered around the room, momentarily forgetting he's at Wade's apartment. The room is dimly lit by a lamp, barely illuminating the side of Deadpool's face.