1

Chapter 1: The Great Escape

At the tender age of 10, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji's life was one of silence and discipline in the White Room, an elite and secretive training facility. Every day was a grueling test of endurance, intelligence, and mental fortitude. However, a silent rebellion brewed in the heart of Sebastian, the elderly butler who had been tending to Kiyotaka since he was a baby. Sebastian had watched Kiyotaka grow, knowing that the boy was capable of much more than what the White Room intended to make of him.

One stormy night, Sebastian made his move. With calculated precision, he disabled the White Room's security systems and whisked Kiyotaka away to a hidden location, far from the prying eyes of the organization that ran the facility. For the next few years, they lived quietly, blending into a suburban neighborhood in Japan.

When Kiyotaka turned 11, Sebastian enrolled him in a local primary school, telling him it was time to experience the world beyond the White Room. Kiyotaka was skeptical at first, but obediently followed the plan. His fifth-grade class was full of lively children, but his attention was immediately drawn to a girl who sat alone in the corner, staring intently at her book: Suzune Horikita.

Suzune was a mystery to everyone. With her sharp eyes and cold demeanor, she didn't seem to care about making friends. But when Kiyotaka quietly aced every test and excelled in every subject, she couldn't help but notice him. Who was this boy who seemed to be perfect at everything, yet kept to himself as much as she did?

After school, Suzune found Kiyotaka sitting under a tree, reading a book. Summoning her courage, she approached him. "Why do you always get perfect scores?" she asked bluntly. Kiyotaka looked up, surprised that she spoke to him. He shrugged, giving a nonchalant answer. "It's just how I was taught."

Intrigued by his evasive response, Suzune pressed on, trying to uncover the mystery behind this new student. Over the next few weeks, they started talking more, their conversations often quiet and brief, but filled with unspoken understanding. They didn't need to say much to feel a connection growing between them.