Chapter One - New Guests

Mango sat on his perch glaring at the guests below, only Dandelion noticed this and flinched. He never understood why everyone looked at him like they knew his thoughts but he stayed quiet most of the time only letting out calls when he wanted to. He turned his head to look at Ringmaster who looked down at the staff with her olive eyes.

"I heard there are guests today! River please let them in and the rest of you get in your positions!" Ringmaster ordered, Mango flew over to his other perch, watching the Ringmaster sit in the middle of the room.

"Guests of all ages and sizes! I welcome you to my circus! My name is Ringmaster K!" Ringmaster spoke looking as cheerful as ever. Mango flapped his wings and let out a call of cheerfulness to back up his master's sentence. They won't know what's coming... the fools brought themselves here... his thoughts murmured throughout his head as he watched the show. "I would like to bring out our first performer! Memo!" Ringmaster grinned stepping back and sitting down.

Memo came out and did a couple back flips to just impress the crowd in how good the circus actually was. Next up was River, he did a couple of tricks and it took a bit longer but he succeeded into impressing the crowd. Mango let out another call and flapped his colorful wings.

"I see the sun setting! But of course our performance isn't done my dear guests please follow me and sleep in our hay nests!" Ringmaster spoke up as the sun did in fact start to set. Mango followed, flying up to the second story where the guests would be sleeping. A brown feline's eyes widened when he saw Mango. "Ringmaster? What kind of bird is that I have never seen a bird like that!" The guest asked looking at Ringmaster. 

"I found this poor thing outside of the circus house, I am pretty sure some disrespectful human dumped it, but I am sure it's a parrot I mean look at these beautiful colors" Ringmaster smiled. "Oh interesting!" The guest smiled at Mango who just tilted his head playfully. You don't know what's coming and if I only I could tell you... Mango thought with distress, he flew down gliding to his nest in up on a wooden ledge.

Mango got himself comfortable and let out a cheerful call for goodnight before closing his eyes and falling asleep peacefully. If only they knew how many people are dead or imprisoned here...