Chapter Six - Runaway

As everyone gathered together at the exit, Savanna was instructing others to be quiet as we didn't know what was outside. Mango opened the entrance and let everyone into the open, it was pure silence outside, not even a single cricket chirped in the night. He led everyone out before they started to make their way out of the circus area, each step was taken carefully.

The crowd of cats slipped away but only Mango noticed that Qua was following behind them, he managed to get to the back and walked next to the mist-like spirit. 'Why are you coming with us?' Mango asked, looking slightly at Qua as they walked quietly. 'I don't want to stay at that wretched place anymore...' Qua murmured. 'The only thing it crawls with is the dark magic that Ringmaster holds in her paws' He growled.

Mango nodded and watched as they approached the wilderness. 'I wonder what my mother will think when I just magically return to my den' Mango looked up at the stars that slowly flickered into view, and some just flickered entirely. 'She might think you're dead... that would be quite a shock' Qua chuckled. 'I can see her freaking out with my appearance but I look older' Mango sighed. 'Being older than the cat you were before will make her notice how you aren't a ghost' Qua looked down at him.

'I can-' Mango's sentence was cut off with a shriek of rage. 'Mango!' Ringmaster screeched, he only started to run as he heard Ringmaster's voice echo throughout the area. 'Run!' He called urgently as he pushed off of his hind paws and grabbed onto Jewel who was struggling to keep up with the starting-to-run cats. 'You can't run forever!' Ringmaster shrieked behind the cats. Mango forced his former masters screeches out of his head and kept running he wished he could fly again like he did when he was a bird of course that would be hard but just maybe he could use the dark magic he had to shapeshift whenever he wanted.

No! I've got to keep running the trees over there are growing bigger we're getting closer! Mango's thoughts shouted, he pushed on, each muscle in his body burned with agony until the final screech ran out through the valley.

...

'When I find you all you're DEAD!'

...

Of course we made it to the forest in time, cats rested among some rocks and some were asleep under some bushes, Mango and Savanna were chatting about how our next move against Ringmaster would be as Jewel rested on his tail. 'We must inform the public!' She insisted, Mango shook his head. 'We'll panic them to much especially once they find out they hold secret freaky magic in their paws'

'You have that magic too!' Savanna hissed, he flattened his ears and looked down at his paws, he had the magic to create whatever he wanted with just a flick of a paw. 'I need to be trained to use this stuff you know! Ringmaster must've been trained!' he insisted. 'But she wasn't by a normal cat' Qua stepped in from the shadows. 'Your a ghost!' Savanna's eyes widened like two moons. 'In fact I am! I led this circus... I mean before Ringmaster did' He sat down as Mango looked at him. 

'Tell us about Ringmaster' She pleaded. 'As you wish..' He sighed and looked slightly at the ground. 'Ringmaster K. was given the name Ringmaster by herself, she's known as Kali a former student that was corrupted by some sort of dark magic, I took it upon myself to hopefully make her use it for good but she never could get away from the whispers that came with it... the whispers tore her from her great future ahead and pulled her on a dangerous one, I wish I could've tried harder but I was murdered and she ascended to power, I still have yet to find to this day the creature or cat that had the magic before Kali did' Qua spoke in like a sinister storyteller tone.

'So you're telling me she's just evil because of some whispers?' Savanna said unimpressed. 'I get it though, I hear the whispers too, they tell you about your past and put things into your mind that aren't true but makes you think they're memories... I figured that out when we were underneath the circus tent'

'Oh- do they say anything specific or constantly?' She asked sitting a little straighter now interested. 'Not exactly but they have spoken about how my mother hates me and other things like that but she could never, I know my mother' Mango shrugged. Qua's tail curled and he narrowed his eyes and sighed. 'We have got to find the source of the whispers and kill Kali that's probably it...'

'Then lets see what we can do!'