Jimin's Big Idea

Jungkook had sounded so sad when he'd hung up the phone that Jimin's heart had sank.  He knew that with their solo projects and albums requiring nonstop work and unrelenting schedules that he and his husband had rarely had a moment alone together in months.  He knew Jungkook well enough to know that it had been deeply affecting his mental and physical wellbeing to be apart from each other so much.  If he hadn't been able to tell just from their conversations, Jungkook's Weverse lives would have been a dead giveaway.

Jimin had teased Jungkook over having several lives dedicated to watching youtube videos of him and several more getting so ecstatic over having him join in the comments, but the truth was that his own aching heart had been flattered and filled by his sweet words and excitement. 

So Jimin made a decision about the brief moments of freedom in their schedules.  Jimin loved to travel and Jungkook loved to be with Jimin.  Without his husband's knowledge, he arranged everything.  He had pitched the vlog idea to the company in a way that sounded like it would not just be a continuation of Jungkook's old G.C.F. films, despite that being exactly what they were, and once they'd agreed, he made his move.

The look on Jungkook's face when he got the face time call that Jimin would be joining him in New York was so priceless that Jimin couldn't help but take a screenshot.  Even though Jungkook had pouted and begged for Jimin to delete it, he didn't look all that convincing with such a wide smile painted on his face.

Once he got to New York, Jimin explained everything.  All his thoughts and plans and what he'd managed to set up for the two of them. 

"A honeymoon we can actually show the world," Jungkook had said, smirking.

It wasn't exactly what Jimin had meant, but he supposed in a way it was just that.  When they'd gotten married, the timing was so inconvenient for them to come out that they'd continued to hide their relationship as they always had.  They'd taken their private honeymoon in secret and carried the weight of their untold love through another year. 

"A chance to be a little more open and say all the things we couldn't say before.  Our hidden feelings.  A way we can tell the world everything.  That we're fully together now.  A way to be a little more honest.  Yeah, I like the idea of not holding back as much," Jimin had considered, thrilled that his husband wanted that too and that he was willing to agree to the travel plans he'd laid out.

And so they did.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Jimin?"

"No.  Are you sure?"

Jungkook had only grinned his famous bunny grin before shaking his head.  "Not at all.  Let's do it!"

AUTHOR NOTE

Once I catch up writing out the episodes I've watched so far, I intend to post once a week after each episode airs until we all finish this journey together with Jikook.