Episode 3

Jungkook was pissed.

They had just gotten off the phone with Taehyung.  Granted, the man was his best friend, and his husband's soulmate, but he couldn't have been more irritated with him if he'd tried.

"He really insisted," Jungkook said in their pre-vlog interview.  "It was supposed to be just me and Jimin, but he heard we were coming to Jeju and said he was coming too."

After the staff cut the camera, Jimin gripped Jungkook's arm, squeezing softly and pleading with his eyes.

"Jungkookie, we have two other trips that are just for us.  We're not going to see TaeTae for a long time once we're enlisted.  You and I are going together.  Tae is going all alone.  He can join us this once.  We'll both miss him, after all.  And he'll miss us, too," Jimin reasoned.

Begrudgingly, Jungkook nodded, agreeing that he would miss Taehyung, even if he wasn't entirely over him inviting himself along on their trip after they'd already left for it.

Jungkook had to admit that Jimin was right.  Taehyung was fun to hang out with, and spending time on this trip with him and his husband made Jungkook emotional about how Taehyung would join the rest of the members in the military soon.  It reminded him of how much he missed the others and how he wouldn't see them again for a long time.  It made him even more grateful that Jimin was coming with him when they enlist.  As hard as it was to be without the other members, the thought of being without Jimin all that time was unbearable.

So he became determined to enjoy every second of this trip with his best friend and his husband.  He vowed that he would make sure that they both had the best time.  That was a vow Jimin seemed to determined to test.

"You're bleeding??" Jungkook exclaimed in shock, watching Jimin dab blood from his busted bottom lip as he laughed at himself.  But Jungkook wasn't laughing.  In fact, he was so concerned, he hardly noticed when Taehyung took his turn. 

That was when he remembered what he'd said to himself about wanting to make it the best trip for them both.  After confirming that Jimin was perfectly fine, he climbed up the rock wall to encourage his best friend to jump.

"See?  I'm here too, V," he laughed.

Jimin giggled as he watched his goofy husband encourage his best friend.  He recalled a point in time where the two of them interacting had caused him a lot of emotional turmoil.  That had been when the fans shipping them had bothered him.  It had taken a lot of reassurance from both of them, a lot of self reflection, and a hearty dose of not giving a single fuck to get over that.  At some point, Jimin had realized that the fans didn't see everything and them wanting Taekook to be real wasn't the same as it actually being real. 

Now he could see Taehyung and Jungkook snuggled up and not feel that twist of jealousy, hurt, and insecurity in his stomach.  Taehyung had his girlfriend, and Jungkook married Jimin.  No one else's wishes would ever change that.  It warmed his heart to know that Jungkook had chosen him when he could've had anyone.

That night when they were eating, playing around in the pool, and just enjoying their time together, Jimin couldn't help but be grateful that he hadn't left BTS after all.  He imagined how his life would be if he had and couldn't even begin to picture a life without Jungkook and his other members in it. 

"I love you," he whispered to Jungkook that night after they'd cuddled together in bed, promising the staff to wake up early and separate.  And when Jungkook whispered back "I love you, too," Jimin didn't even try to stop the smile that spread across his face.  They fell asleep gripping each other tightly with the promise of never letting go.

***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***

A/N: Was I the only one that thought his "He really insisted" from Jungkook seemed a little irritated?  Seemed to me like maybe at first, Jungkook wasn't real happy about Taehyung tagging along, especially last minute.  Guess we'll never know!

See you in Episode 4, Lovely Army's!