Episode 4

"They're like twins," Taehyung laughed to the camera.

He stood on the deck watching his two best friends, smile spreading across his face despite himself.  He couldn't remember the last time he'd been so happy.  Taehyung loved watching the two of them fall deeper in love every day. 

He thought back to a time when their love was all passion and fire and drama.  Unfortunately, the drama had been a bit inevitable given that they were both famous and homosexuality was something of a taboo subject even in the best of circumstances.  These days, however, that attitude seemed to be easing up in South Korea, even just a tad, and the pair of them had grown up with each other, growing closer each year, and that fire and passion had become less of a wildfire and more of a comforting, cozy fireplace on a cold winter's day.

When he'd stood next to Jimin, watching him marry the love of his life on a beach, he'd never felt prouder of all they'd been through together, and had never felt more sure of anyone's love.  Now, as he stood on the deck of the yacht they'd chartered for the day to tour the ocean around Jeju Island, he felt the briefest moment of feeling as though he were an intruder on such a precious, tender moment, just as he had listening to their vows to each other.  They'd spoken their hearts as if the room were empty, and no one present could've denied the deep love they felt for each other.

Jungkook had come to feel like a brother to him, and Jimin had always been his favorite.  He'd made that very clear over the years, and never intended to stop saying so loudly and proudly.  Pulling out his phone, Taehyung recorded a particularly adorable moment as Jungkook splashed Jimin with the hose from the boat.  He laughed as Jimin tried to hide his grin as he tried to pout, not-so-secretly loving when his husband would scold him and tease him.

They joked and laughed and ate the rest of the day, but as the sun began to set, Taehyung let them take a few moments to themselves to cuddle up on the net and watch the sunset together.  He smiled down at them, proud of how far they'd come, and hopeful that there would never be a time they'd have to be parted.

Even though the members were all joining the military, Jungkook and Jimin had gotten approved to go together.  Until he'd heard of their plans, he'd spent more than a few sleepless nights worrying how the separation would affect them, and more often than not, how the military would treat Jimin.  He knew his best friend and soulmate were tough, but Jungkook could barely stand to be apart from Jimin for a week or two when he was traveling for his album promotions.  He'd seen all the lives about Jimin that Jungkook had done. 

Jimin, on the other hand, he worried about the most.  He worried how they would treat someone so pretty and so soft in the military.  He worried they'd hurt him, or they'd find out about him.  Even the suspicion alone could have the potential for people to abuse him. 

When he discovered the pair of them had applied to the buddy system and had been accepted, he breathed a sigh of relief and slept well for the first time in months that night.  He knew Jungkook would protect Jimin with his life, and he knew Jimin would rally Jungkook's spirits to help him get through the service time. 

There is no Jungkook without Jimin, and there was no Jimin without Jungkook.  The pair of them were one and the same.  He chuckled under his breath.

"Twins indeed.  Twin flames is more like it.  Burning together forever," he whispered to himself.

Jimin called for him to join them, and when he did, he was so grateful they'd let him join what should've been a romantic honeymoon trip.  He thought of all the staff and cameras and didn't feel quite so bad about crashing their vacation.  He'd loved the idea of them sharing their honeymoon with the world, if not explicitly saying that's what it was.  And he was so happy to be special enough to both of them to be a part of it.

"I love you guys," he said quietly into the growing dark.

Jungkook and Jimin turned to him wistfully.  "We love you too," Jimin replied back.

"Yeah.  I'm glad you're here, Taehyungie hyung," Jungkook smiled.

As the boat carried them back to the shore, Taehyung let himself feel overcome with gratitude and emotion.  It would be a long time after this before he'd get to spend time with them in this way again.  And he couldn't be happier or appreciate this moment more.

***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***

A/N: This is taking me longer to post than I thought it would.  I hate adult life.  0/10 stars.  Do not recommend.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this episode, Lovely Army's.  My favorite episodes are coming up!  See you in the next one!