nineteen

real life ;

the first thing that kit was greeted by when he went back to london was tara in his room, putting things into a box.

"um... what are you doing?" he asks, and she turns around.

"getting my things i've left here," she replies, looking at him briefly before going back to continuing her task.

"wait, what?" he asks, setting his bag down on his dresser. "what's wrong?"

"i'm not a fucking idiot, kit," says tara. "you went to new york to visit maylee. you clearly have a thing for her, so i'm taking myself out of the situation. go be with her, don't, i don't care anymore."

"you know i had to go for work," kit states. "she's my friend, so of course i visited her."

"whatever," tara murmurs, picking the box up in her hand. "i don't care what you did or didn't do."

"you know... you haven't been very kind to me in this relationship, so even if i did go to visit my friend, you have no right to be upset after how you've treated me!" kit exclaims, causing tara to stop walking out his bedroom door.

"and how have i not been kind to you?"

"you've been controlling and manipulative!"

"i don't have time for this."

kit watches her walk out his door and his apartment, and he sighs, running a hand through his hair.

messages ;

kit
may?? ik it's the middle of the night where you are but something but just happened

maylee
hey yeah, are u ok?

kit
tara just broke up with me

maylee
oh god, what happened?

kit
she basically said she knows i'm into you, and that i went to new york solely to see you and when i said that yes i went and saw my friend, but that wasn't the main reason she kind of didn't care

kit
and when i tried to bring up her being manipulative she wouldn't give me the time of day and just left

maylee
oh kit i'm sorry... i know you were planning on ending things but i know this wasn't ur plan

kit
yeah, this definitely threw me off but i guess im relieved in a way?

maylee
that's understandable ❤️