two

real life ;

maylee knew that she had a secret little crush everytime joe showed her a photo of him, or some video taken of him, but nothing compared to seeing him in real life in front of her. she had joined him in ordering a first round of drinks at the bar while joe went to use the bathroom.

"what did you want to drink?" kit asks her, and maylee has to break herself out of her own trance to answer his question.

"uh, just a double vodka redbull. thanks."

kit nods, and once they've gotten their drinks, they find an empty table that would fit three people.

"you're crazy for ordering a drink like that, by the way," he says after taking a sip of his beer. maylee raises her eyebrows.

"what does that mean?"

"i mean, only crazy people mix their alcohol with caffeine. that's just asking for trouble."

"yeah, well, maybe i like trouble," maylee replies, taking a long sip of her drink before setting it down on the table. "you're drinking beer. that's boring and basic."

"basic for a reason! everyone loves it," he retorts. "you sound exactly like my girlfriend. she's disgusted everytime i try and get her to drink some of my beer."

"you have a girlfriend?" maylee asks, not meaning to really say the question out loud.

"yeah," he chuckles, showing maylee his lockscreen which displayed a picture of him and— wait.

"wait, you're dating tara hyland?" she exclaims, staring at the photo of him and the girl. "kit, what the fuck? she's so famous! how has this not come out?"

"well, we've only been together for a few months and have been keeping it pretty private," he replies.

"i mean, i've seen you in a few of her instagram posts but wow," says maylee, still shocked as he laughs.

"you think i couldn't get with someone like that or something?" he asks just as joe returns to their table after using the bathroom and ordering a drink.

"what have i missed?" he asks, sitting down next to maylee.

"kit's literally dating a pop star and he just dropped that bomb like it was nothing," maylee replies. "like, huh?"

"says the popstar herself!"

"that's different," maylee says, glancing over at joe. "she's like, popstar popstar. like, genuinely the most beautiful person i've ever seen."

"i mean, i think you're pretty beautiful too," kit says before quickly switching the subject, leaving maylee smiling to herself despite knowing that the actor was in a relationship with someone.