Breathe

Autumn's POV:

I was sitting at my desk doing paperwork with Marjorie in the background rambling on about her weekend away with Reece. I decided that I didn't want to listen to that so I went to the toilets. I went in and heard someone sobbing in a stall. After a few seconds they quieted down but I could still hear them. "Who's in here?" I called out, hoping for a response. No response. I bent down and saw that someone was sitting on the floor of the last stall. I walked over and knocked.

I heard the door unlock so I pushed it open. And there I saw Charlotte sitting on the floor, looking up at me, eyes puffy and red with her mascara all down her face. She was still crying a lot so I sat beside her. I knew she needed it so I wrapped my arms around her in a tight embrace. Charlotte seemed a little shocked at first but then put her head on my shoulder. I was just sat there rubbing her back as she was sobbing into my shoulder.

I could feel her starting to get more shaky and her breathing getting more rapid. I pulled her out of the hug, "Deep breaths Charlotte" I could see her starting to calm down. "Please tell me what's happening." I whispered. Charlotte pulled up something on her phone then gave it to me. I read the message her ex had sent her, "I'm so sorry Charlotte, You don't deserve him." "Thank you Autumn." She said in a quiet voice. "Charlotte i'm going to drive you home, you're not in a state to drive yourself and definitely not to go back in the rooms." "What about Mia?" Charlotte asked. "I'll tell her you didn't feel well and needed to go home." I took Charlotte by the hand and pulled her up to her feet. We walked to the office. "Wait out here i'm gonna go tell Marjorie." I said, as Charlotte leaned against the wall. "Alright are you ready to go?" "Yeah."

As we got in the car and I started driving, Charlotte spoke "Autumn genuinely thank you so much for helping me." "It's no problem at all, but please don't tell anyone I hugged you. I don't want them to think i'm just giving away hugs now." Charlotte chuckled as I said that. "And were here." "Seriously thank you Autumn." Charlotte said as she was getting out of the car. I made sure she got in her house safely and then drove off.

—GUYS IM IN A WRITING MOOD SO I THINK THIS CHAPTER IS GONNA GET A LOT LONGER—

Charlotte's POV:

Autumn had just dropped me off at home. The first thing I did was get changed into a baggy top and sweatpants. I looked at the clock 1:37PM. I realized that I hadn't ate breakfast or lunch. I went downstairs and made myself a bowl of cereal and grabbed a bottle of wine. I sat on my sofa and put on my favourite tv show. Bridgerton. I finished off the wine in 1.5 hours and didn't touch the cereal. By the time I had finished my tv show it was 6:24PM and I was drunk. I felt exhausted and everything was spinning so I lay down on the couch hoping to get some sleep.

Autumn's POV:

The nursery had closed 4 minutes ago and I was in my car driving home when I looked to the passenger seat and saw something on the seat. I picked it up and recognized it as Charlotte's phone. "I guess i'll go drop it off at her house." I muttered to myself. I arrived at her house and knocked on her door. No answer. I knocked again and again no answer. I tried the door handle and it was unlocked. I opened the door and walked in. I saw Charlotte laying on the sofa with an empty wine bottle in front of her on the coffee table and a full cereal bowl beside it. "Charlotte?" I nudged her arm. "What? What are you doing here?" Charlotte's speech was slurred and I could smell the wine on her breath.

I ran upstairs to run her a warm bath. She needs it. I grabbed Charlotte by the arm as she probably couldn't walk and helped her to the bath. "Charlotte take a bath and i'll make you food." "But I don't wanna." Autumn was giving her the death stare. "Okay fine jeez." Autumn went downstairs and started to prepare some pasta for her and Charlotte, being careful to listen for any banging or loud noises upstairs to make sure Charlotte didn't fall. By the time the pasta was finished Charlotte had came back down from her bath. I served up 2 bowls of pasta and handed one to Charlotte. "Thank you Autumn." She said with her mouth full. "Please finish chewing before you talk Charlotte." When they had finished there food I washed the dishes and got ready to leave. "Are you okay here Charlotte?" "Yeah i'm fine." She said. "I'm going to come get you in the morning because your car is at the nursery." "Okay thank you Autumn." Charlotte lay down in bed after Autumn left and fell asleep.

—I MIGHT HAVE SPENT 4 HOURS ON THIS...🤫