P R O L O G U E

A N G E L I CA

The mansion stood like a fortress, its grandeur intimidating yet undeniably beautiful, a reflection of the man who owned it. Ryan Caesar, the billionaire who seemed to have it all—wealth, power, and a wife who was as stunning as she was cunning. But the walls of that mansion held secrets, the kind that could topple even the most carefully constructed empires.

When I first set foot in the Caesar mansion, I was just another employee, a maid tasked with keeping the place spotless. But from day one, I could sense that something was off. The silence was too heavy, the tension too thick, and the man of the house—well, let's just say he wasn't the type to leave things to chance.

Ryan Caesar was a cold, calculating figure, with piercing blue eyes that seemed to see right through you. He was the kind of man who could make you question your sanity with just one look, and believe me, he often did. He ran his business with an iron fist, and the same went for his household. Nothing escaped his notice, not even the smallest of details.

And then there was his wife, Alessia. Gorgeous, glamorous, and utterly miserable. You'd think being married to a billionaire would be a dream come true, but Alessia seemed more interested in finding ways to escape her gilded cage than in enjoying the life it afforded her. Her discontent was palpable, her schemes not as hidden as she thought.

It didn't take long for me to stumble upon the truth, a truth that could shake the very foundation of this household. But what was I supposed to do with it? I was just a maid, after all, trying to keep my head down and pay off my debts. Yet, the more I tried to ignore it, the more it gnawed at me, until I couldn't keep silent anymore.

And that's how I found myself standing in front of Ryan Caesar's desk, heart pounding as I prepared to drop a bombshell. But if there was one thing I hadn't accounted for, it was how little my revelation would rattle him. This was a man who didn't flinch, didn't waver, no matter the storm brewing around him.

I'd expected shock, maybe even anger. What I got instead was a lesson in the art of staying unbothered. And in that moment, I realized that surviving in this house meant playing by his rules—or risking being crushed by them. But then again, I was never one to play by the rules. And who would have thought I would find myself, clutching into his back, while lost in this sinful affair?