➷ Chapter Sixteen ➹

As I said, here's a quick update for you! Enjoy and don't forget to lemme know your views. (:

The ambiance encircled the surroundings of the kitchen island screamed unsettling

On a general note, I was absorbed in my cell as Mom continued to alternate between feeding me and herself, ingesting the food. Our dinner cuisine featured a combination of bread, egg, and bell peppers. Additionally, Dad had his perfect quinoa with a special honey-roasted turkey including the duck prosciutto made obtainable for Jiminie since he's back from University. Meantime, a hand extended toward me prompting me to reluctantly open my mouth to grab a bite of my fried chicken. 

Nobody would utter a single word. Silence is all that I have comprehended ever since Jin Hyung and Namjoon Hyung allowed our parents to get filled up about today's incident. 

"Kook, just one more," Mom smiled, bringing another piece from my plate. 

"No, I don' wanna," I whined, pouting, "I'm full, Mama," 

Gratefully, Mom didn't force me, further, and once more, the island ended up wrapped around with the distasteful silence. 

Until several audible clicks made someone enter the home. 

On sighting, my sixth eldest brother, I could discern the restlessness dawning upon my face, by popping through my veins from my spine, already. 

The intense rage. The momentary madness. 

Taehyung's rough eyebrows lowered drawn together to form a "V" on the lower part of his forehead, producing transient depression on his cheeks, when his jaw was found to be thrust, harshly. His eyes narrowed into stark incensed stares as if tryna glaring right through my soul. The flames of anger appeared to radiate off him as I was able to likely catch the wrinkles on his nose just because of the flaring of his nostrils. 

I could feel his rising rage practically choking him. 

"Tae, honey, come on, dig in," Mom gestured for him to come closer to join the dinner. 

Sensibly, he paused at rest on the ground, not seeming to be moving an inch while his fearsome gaze merely fixed on me, as if scrutinizing my presence.

His practice test might not have gone well, I tried assuring myself but failed, nonetheless. 

"Tae . . . ?" Dad called out, softly. 

"Not a single word from you guys," Taehyung eloquent, stepping forward, "Trust me, Dad, just let me manage those shitheads," 

I quickly tried diverting my eyes from him to my cell, however, before I could even succeed, the fierce hands snared it off me, snapping my head up in nuisance, as a result at the Irate Demon standing behind the back of my chair. 

"How the hell could you have been so reckless!?" Taehyung growled in a low grim voice; his eyes never leaving my figure, "Are you a freakin' kid whom we have to explain about the consequences of chasing a random car!? Huh!? Have you freakin' lost your mind!?" Every word, his lips released was as if held a pressure.