6. After midnight

(This chapter is from Everest Pov to give some context to some events that happened in past chapters.)

I ended up being the only one still awake after the fourth movie, I paused it and laid on the blowup mattress with Seán and Vince. He really needs a haircut I thought as I pushed the hair from his eyes. His cheek were rosey and slightly decorated with faded freckles from summer. I almost wished his eyes opened just to see their brilliant dark green hue. 

"Fuck Blondie, why do you have to be so cute. It's hard to not stare at you all day."

God I probably look like such a creep right now.   I thought back on all the times I had tried to see if he was the least bit interested in me. There was, of course,the library which was just a nice hangout spot for me and Seán with a nice view, with a added bonus of talking to him. Then moving to his school, which was a pleasant surprise because I got to go to a good school and see him everyday. Then the process of trying to convince my older brother to borrow his motorcycle. Do you know how much I have to go through just to see you Blondie? Of course I took him not only to the lake which was my personal hang out spot, but also the pizza place that I'm pretty sure doesn't even have a name but is the best pizza place in the world.

"I fucking wore a crop top in 60 degrees weather for you and you were drooling over what was his name, Julius Silverdick. What do you want from me Blondie?" I said with a painful amount of emotion,  just gonna tuck that back in.

I pull the blanket over me and looked at his beautiful face until I fell asleep. I woke to my back being stepped on, "ACH! Fuck man!" I heard mumblied apologies from Alex as they moved past me. I felt someone in my arms and saw Vince curled against me with his arms wrapped around one of mine and my heart almost exploded from how fast it was beating.

This isn't helping! I'm trying to get rid of my crush on him! I thought to no one in particular.

His hair was tangled and frizzy, he seems to move around a lot in his sleep. I slowly slide my arm from his grip which hurt my heart as much as his death grip on my arm did. I made my way to the bathroom, after relieving myself, I fixed my curls with the resources I could find.  My usual curly overgrown bob was looking more like a mishaped oval. After some water and more water it looked as good as I could make it and I walked out.

I bumped into Vince,  the blonde boy taking a few steps back. I assume he just woke up due to his tired grumbles. He made his way past me and I helped with the clean up, trying to ignore the memory of him holding me.  When he was done he joined in helping what little clean up was needed. Then Seán, him, and I said out goodbyes and made out separate ways home. Seán walked and Blondie drove me home since my house wasn't to far away. I was a little self-conscious about the toys that littered my grassy front yard and the slightly rusted fence.

My fears went away as I made my way to the gate, "I like your house, it actually has a personality. Love to see the inside some time."

The words caught in the back of my throat for what seemed like hours, "Yeah...Yeah I'll have to show you sometime." I was sure my face was about as red as a tomato maybe redder.

He gave me a short smile and drove off after waving. I walked in and was met with my two younger siblings. "Hi Ewist,  Me and Riwy were pwaying dolls wanna pway?"

"Maybe in a second Willow."

I passed by my sister's room, then my brother's and finally made it to mine. I powered through the clothes scattered on the floor from yesterday as I tried to figure what to wear for Vince. God he has me wrapped around his finger doesn't he? I thought with a soft chuckle before flopping on my bed. I looked at the posters plastered on my walls

"Well he likes Korn so maybe I can recommend him some other bands. And then we can listen to music and share earbuds as he tudors me." I smiled at the made up scenario in my head before pushing myself off the bed and cleaning my room before my mother could yell me to do so.

(Hey sorry this chapter is so short, I usually try to do roughly about 1,000+ words but i could only get 800 and something, besides the author notes of course. I hope that the one person who might have stumbled across this and decided it was interesting enough to read to this point enjoys.)