Chapter 1: 1888

January 1st, 1888

  In the dead of night, the rain hit the streets of London like a flood. It was late, and the streets were empty.

  Empty and quiet, until the sound of footsteps echoed through the puddles and the stone streets. The heavy breaths echoed on, and a woman in a torn dress ran through these desolate streets.

  She ran and ran, her heart pounding, her eyes dripping with makeup from the rain, sweat, tears, and even blood.

  She ran and continued until she turned sharply into an alley. Trying her best to catch her breath. Her heart is unable to stop beating as she turns to look over her shoulder.

  Nothing. She may have escaped, feeling the need to breathe easy, yet her heart would not allow it. Something felt wrong.

  She felt her instincts crying out to her like a beast caught in a trap to run. Get away from there. She stands up as she is forced back into the alley by an unknown force. Throwing her against the wall and dislocating her shoulder.

  She is forcibly grabbed and pinned to the wall. Held up by another woman. One looking of higher class, her long nails gripped into the woman's skin, her skin as pale as the dim moonlight, the eyes, as red as blood. She smiles at the woman and stares at her. Licking her fangs as she leans in closer to the woman.

Vampire: Mmmm, such delicious blood. I can't wait to bleed you dry.

  The woman struggled as she lifted her leg, kicking the woman in the knees of her dress, but to no avail.

  The vampire, annoyed, throws the woman to the floor as she trys to crawl away.

Vampire: Hehe, look at you. A whore crawling through the filthy streets. You were such easy prey. Tell me, when you die, who will mourn you?

  The vampire loomed over the crawling woman.

Vamprie: Who will miss you? Who will look for you? Who will bury you?

  She lightly plants her foot on the woman's back.

Vampire: Who would even she'd a single tear for a filthy wretch like you?

  The vampire grabbed the woman by her hair, lifting her up as she went to sink her teeth into the injured woman's neck.

  As her teeth reach her flesh, she feels a sharp pain in her back that forces her to drop the woman.

  She reaches her hands to her chest, feeling a burning blade through her chest, her blood dripping from the wound.

???: Oh. I must really be missing my mark. I meant to aim for your heart, but I was just a bit off.

  She turns, hearing the clicking of boots against the stone and the splash of the puddles those boots meet. She growls, ripping the blade from her chest.

Vampire: You must be stupid to attack me on your own. You filthy-

*bang*

  A shot rings off as a pullet tears through the vampires dress and into her knee. Forcing her to collapse. The woman she targeted scooted back against the wall in fear at what she was seeing.

???: Boy, you love to hear yourself talk. Calling me a filthy, what exactly?

  Another bang is heard as you fire off a shot from your gun, as it blasts her hand apart. Her fingers being blown across the alley as she hisses and growls in pain.

???: Speak up, I can't hear you over the rain. Normally, I'd preach scripture to you and tell you that I hope you find salvation in the next life.

  You kick her onto her back as you plant your boot on her chest. She grasps your leg with her other hand as she looks up at you, your eyes, one of gold, the other silver. She stares up at you in shock.