Chapter 6: Rules of Three

*January 9th, 1888*

  A walk out in the daylight of London. Boots clicking on the ground of the city streets.

Aleera: This city smells like shit.

Ruth: Blame ze industrialization zat ze people have caused. Trotzdem besser als Paris. (Still better than Paris.)

  Ruth spits that last part under her breath. The two walk the streets until they happen upon a special part of London. An abandoned house that was originally planned to be a dwelling for women of the night, but the police had cracked down on whore houses. So it lay abandoned. At least, until today.

  The two knock on the door as they here stifled cries from the inside. Aleera stands outside with irritation beginning to glow in her eyes.

Aleera:.... Fuck this.

  She kicks the door open, breaking it off into splinters. There she sees a woman with another in her arms. The woman looked void of life in the eyes. The woman holding her looked up with crystal blue eyes. Red dripping from her dark lips.

???: Someone should learn manners. Or did your dead husband never teach it to you.

  Aleera grit her teeth as the woman stood, dropping the body to the floor. She had this dark hair that was braided back, dark skin woth long claws painted in blood. Her body was full, and flawless. Not marks on her skin at all.

  She stood, walking over to Ruth and Aleera who stared back at her with cold faces.

  The woman bows.

Sharik: Your grace. I am Sharik of New Orleans. I went through hell on a painful voyage all the way from that cesspool to be here.

Aleera: Well, you definitely made a splash. And in broad daylight. You know there is a Van Helsing here.

  Sharik's eyes opened wide for a moment.

Sharik: Is it a boy or girl?

Ruth: Boy. Seemingly, only a teenager. But he is more durable zen we expected.

Aleera: With the most cold eyes from the god he worships. One of silver, and one of gold.

Sharik:... Really? Silver and Gold.... You know, in some beliefs that the humans seek comfort in. Gold represents purity, wisdom, and spiritual attainment. Silver, represents patience, perseverance, and also can provide balance and protection.

  She snaps her fingers as an outfit forms over her body.

Sharik: Gold brings solar energy and its association with the divine to complement the lunar symbolism and quiet intuitive power of silver. The combination of these two precious metals symbolizes the harmonious balance between opposing forces. The radiance of sun, and the quiet light of moon.

  She throws an arm over the two women.

Sharik: Humans think they are the only ones with powers. That the divine protect them from what lies in the dark.

Ruth: But zat boy has nothing in zose eyes of his. His eyes looked empty, void of true fear, they ver full, only for a fleeting moment. He does not fear death.

Aleera: He has fear. He just forgot. I will remind him.

Sharik: Or, maybe I can remind him for you?

  Aleera hisses at Sharik, quickly getting in her face and pressing her against the wall.

Aleera: His fucking family cost me my one true love. His fucking grandfather took my Dracula from me. I will put him through every possible torture I can before he is finally silenced.