Chapter 4: The Lion's Den

Eve sits in her home, reading a book in the dead of night by her window. Samantha fast asleep upstairs.

  As she sleeps, she receives a knock at the door. This late at night, she sighs. Reaching under her desk, pulling out a revolver, loaded with silver as a precaution.

  Moving to the door, she lightly opens it, letting the person on the other side see only her eyes. She opens the door to see a man. He didn't seem like a vampire, quite the opposite.

Eve: Oh. It's you, Marcus. Why are you here so late?

Marcus: We have a problem. May I enter?

  Eve stands aside, allowing the man to enter. Marcus, a tall man dressed in grey with slicked back brown hair and a cane. Looking higher than the middle class.

Marcus: So, you are the young Van Helsing's overseer?

Eve: I am. Does the Parliament need something?

Marcus: What? I can't drop by and see how my nephew is doing?

Eve: You've never cared before. Only recently, so I assume this business has to do with recent events?

  Marcus chuckles a bit. The two move into the house, sitting down at a small table.

Marcus: You know it hasn't been long since Dracula. He's dealt with for now, but at the cost of Rachel Van Helsing's father. But even then, we fear his Brides are going to lash out sooner rather than later.

Eve: Right. I recall that. Rachel fought them, did she not?

Marcus: One of them. She fought Verona, but she was injured from the fight. It goes to show that it takes more than a strong human will to send these demons to hell. Especially when one of them is here, in London.

  Meanwhile, you walk down the streets with Robin, lightly wiping the mess that was on your gun.

Robin: So they have a home here in London?

Y/N: Yes, it would seem. I plan to send a tip to the police in the morning. But first, I have to have my own little private investigation.

Robin: I've been meaning to ask. Are you allowed to use firearms?

Y/N: Yes. I have a license and even work with the police on some occasions when it comes to the supernatural.

Robin: So you would be like an official supernatural detective?

Y/N: Yes. But there is another detective I know who handles sending my information to the police. She's a good person.

Robin: Wait, she's a woman?

Y/N: Yes. Why?

Robin: Well, I have never seen women detectives before. Usually that's a job for a man.

Y/N: Yeah. But she wanted to do this for work. She's the only cop, even if she's unofficial, that I trust. Well, her and another detective with the most charming mustache.

Robin: So, why did you settle your shop in Whitechapel?

Y/N: It was mostly just convenient.

  Through the miriade of conversation, you later arrive at the residence. It wasn't anything major, which made sense. It seemed like the perfect place to hide possible murders.

  You arrive at the front door. You notice Robin reaching his hand for the doorknob, but you grab his arm.

Robin: Huh, what is it?

  Something felt off. You didn't understand what you were feeling, but you wanted him to be cautious.

Y/N: I'll take point. You stay close to me and cover me with your fire.