Chapter 98: so many souls to play with

the time had finally come.

two guilt driven teenagers. one battle. one that would decide one's fate.

Tenzu even told Sarah to stay behind, because this was his battle, not wanting to drag her into this. he could only blame himself if he ever did, because her twin brother only wanted him dead. if Sarah was dragged into this, she might've been hurt by .EXE's wrath.

''alright. where to go...'' he looked at the map. and part of the map showed the directions. 

first it led him outside the city. then it led him into a snowy mountain. finally, to what seemed like Green hill. 

but it wasn't Green hill.

a sign was plastered, and Tenzu took a good read of it.

''hill...''

then he heard a noise, causing him to draw his katana.

it was only a pike with what appeared to be a puppet version of a shrunken head. Tenzu then looked at himself.

''i guess all that sword fighting training from Undyne must have helped'' Tenzu spoke. ''i went a bit fast. alright, now where are you, Xenophanes....''

then he heard a Klefka laugh, which made Tenzu shriek in fear, only to see that it was .EXE himself. and now, .EXE was holding a skull. he never killed it, however.

''see this skull? i go to the Graveyard all too much. i like that place. you know, once i leave you for dead, then i might start reaping angels. you know, it's such a shame, i have doubts. but who knows? maybe redemption for a demon is impossible. it might work on Sarah, but it won't work for me. it's too late, Tenzu. because i will end your life.... break your soul, leave you crushed.'' .EXE monologued. ''you want to know the truth? i never liked angels. Sarah roped me into that. you think she was always this nice girl? two years must have made you forget she used to hate you. that assignment changed everything. maybe if it wasn't that, maybe something else would. but it doesn't matter now.... i will kill all the angels. then, and only then... i will truly be...

INVINCIBLE.''

Tenzu shuddered in fear, pulling his katana out. 

''but i'll give you a chance to win. do you want to play with me?'' .EXE asked.

Tenzu gulped, and after a thought, he knew what he had to do.

kill him.

Tenzu shrieked, hearing himself get damaged in the mind. it seemed like Mind Rape, but he was losing his control.

he felt flashes of his evil self, the one he felt so close to becoming.

quickly, however, he sucked it up, regaining control.

.EXE had witnessed the struggles, seeing a conflicting face. he felt bad, but he didn't want to turn back. because he didn't want Tenzu's claims validated.

but Tenzu said something, that would be of reconsideration:

''i know your not really evil, .EXE. you put this act to seem so. if you really care about Sarah, this isn't what she would want now... please... i know there's still good in you. i feel it''

.EXE looked to the ground, a hint of sadness in his eyes, and in his face. wanting to hide the regrets and second thoughts, he growled his teeth.

''let's end this.'' he gritted.

[XT Too slow. length is 4:00. it's mainly based off the Rerun version]

after a slow yet eerie start, which was .EXE reflecting his life, .EXE turned and let out a laugh. starting on the ground, with screams in the distance, he had trained for those two years, researching angel powers, and readying whatever monsters he thought would be best for the job. before long, he levitated.

but not long after, .EXE said something, something so sinister, fighting back against his reconsiderations:

''SO MANY SOULS TO PLAY WITH. SO LITTLE TIME. WOULDN'T YOU AGREE?! [EVIL LAUGH] 

I AM GOD.''

Tenzu did his hardest to fight back against this quick opponent, but pikes flew all over, and fire burnt everywhere. Tenzu had blocked .EXE's pike sword with the Katana of promises.

but in the end [of this song], .EXE was about to stab.

but then he felt himself grabbed by the neck.

and it was....

Sarah.

Sarah was currently in her true form, grabbing .EXE's neck, flapping her wings.

''ENOUGH, BROTHER.'' she growled.

''babe...'' Tenzu spoke, hyperventilating, and still so grateful.

''sister.... this is my battle....'' .EXE groaned, before being let go. 

but that wasn't it.

he crouched, then he started flying, a hand outstretched.

''Babe thanks but i gotta fucking fly see you later got a battle with your twin to do'' Tenzu jittered, and quickly pulled out his angel wings, and he flew away, being chased by .EXE.

[XT You can't run. length is 5:40, and it represents the PorkNdogs remix, the ENCORE version and the Ghostlylabs remix, even the Awe one. it's a mixture]

but as they flew, maybe even fighting in the air, these words by .EXE echoed...

''THE GAZE OF A GOD IS LEFT BY NONE. YOU CAN'T RUN AND YOU CAN'T HIDE. 

BRIMSTONE SURROUNDS US AND YOU WON'T SURVIVE.

TAKE YOUR LAST BREATH, BECAUSE YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!!''

Tenzu crossed his wrists, summoning a yellow force shield, right when .EXE outstretched a hand from his mouth. a lethal hand if you will.

and after that, after Tenzu climbed a while mountain as a climax, used his wings as a harness, he head .EXE yell ''just..... DIE!!!!''

at the end of the black forest, Sarah had used her demon powers to show up, having followed them.

and what did she see? .EXE growling ''WHY WON'T YOU LOSE?!'' and him morphing into an ability they shared...

a beast form.

TO BE CONTINUED