Prologue part 1

Darkness had fallen over the City and we were still in my associate's office, on a conference call with American investors. Negotiations had been dragging for two hours and I was growing impatient. My fiery locks fell over my shoulders as I undid my hair clip. I massaged the back of my neck to ease the stiffness as a result of a fifteen hour work day and the proximity of the man who had haunted my dirtiest fantasies since our first day of college. Christopher Harrington, tall, dark, handsome... inaccessible.

Seeing him at his very best, pitching our project development skills with fervor, pacing the wide contemporary decorated space, his tie undone, his shirt sleeves rolled up to his forearms, I was so desperately hot for him that I couldn't help shifting in my chair. In the last few weeks, we'd been teasing each other more and more boldly and I was playing along. For him, it was just a game. Most women became a puddle of goo at his feet without him making an effort and I'd always taken pride in being the one who wouldn't be at his beck and call. I think that's why we'd become friends and later associates. I saw his game but it didn't mean that I didn't feel my heartbeat between my thighs every time I caught his eyes lingering over my legs. Legs that I took care of exposing as much as decently possible in a work environment, making sure that my skirt rode high up my thighs when I sat and crossed my legs so he could get glimpse of my garter belt.

He had eyes the color of the ocean in Maui and by the end of the conference call; they were focused solely on me, their hue turned darker, as if a storm was raging behind them. My breath grew shorter, my blood pumped faster. I could feel his eyes on me as if he were slowly caressing along my calf up my thigh, between them. Oh God! I'm sure he's good with his mouth. I noticed the swelling at the front of his trousers and had to bite my bottom lip to stifle a moan. My nipples became hard pebbles brushing against the lace of my bra every time my chest rose and fell. I couldn't keep my eyes off him, unable to give the other speakers any attention. It was just him; his low, self-assured voice, his intoxicating masculine smell, his muscular body and the aching need between my legs that nearly had me reach inside my saturated panties to please myself in front of him.

I had to get out of that office. I couldn't play his game when I was so turned on I couldn't see straight.

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. As always, it's been a pleasure," said our American investor.

"See you in two months in Berlin, I'll have the updated blueprints sent to you by the end of the week," Christopher replied.

"Looking forward to it."

As soon as they hung up, I grabbed my files and bolted to the door.

"Ally."

I froze. His tone was strong and commanding, making my whole body tingle.

"I have to go... it's late."

I took another step towards the door. As I reached for the doorknob, he came behind me, his arms on both sides, effectively trapping me against the dark wooden door. His strong hands skimmed my generous curves, their heat setting my skin on fire.

"Don't go," he breathed in my ear. "You want this."

This is it, the moment I've dreamed about for so long. Oh shit!