Chapter 32

The day that would change their lives forever began like any other, but it ended in tragedy, leaving scars that might never heal. Ishan and Shubman had been arguing—nothing new, but this time it was different. The tension between them had been building for weeks, fueled by Ishan’s stubbornness and Shubman’s growing frustration again.

Their relationship had been a fragile thing, slowly mending with time and care, but the pressures of life, the weight of expectations, and Ishan’s insistence on doing things his way had pushed them to the brink.

They were in the car, returning from a family outing.

Shubman’s parents and sister were seated in the back with their son Vihaan, while Ishan was driving, his knuckles white as he gripped the steering wheel. Ayansh, their other son, was safely with Rohit at his house, away from the growing storm in the car.

“Ishan, slow down!” Shubman’s voice was tight with worry. He had noticed the way Ishan’s temper had flared, the way he had been driving faster than usual, his stubbornness getting the better of him. “You’re driving too fast. Think about the kids, about my parents!”

But Ishan, hurt and angry, barely registered Shubman’s pleas. The argument from earlier still echoed in his mind, a battle of wills that neither of them seemed willing to concede. Shubman had accused him of being reckless, of not considering the consequences of his actions, and Ishan had taken it as a personal attack.

He had always been the younger brother, the one everyone doted on, and he wasn’t used to being told he was wrong.

“Stop telling me what to do, Shubman!” Ishan snapped, his voice louder than intended. “I know what I’m doing. I’m not a child!”

Shubman’s heart pounded in his chest, fear creeping into his voice. “Ishan, please. Just listen to me for once. Slow down, we can talk about this later—”

But Ishan, stubborn as ever, pressed on the accelerator instead of the brake, pushing the car faster down the road. Shubman’s parents exchanged worried glances in the backseat, clutching Vihaan closer as they tried to remain calm.

And then it happened.

In the blink of an eye, everything changed. A sharp turn, a swerve to avoid an oncoming car, and suddenly they were spinning out of control. The world outside the windows became a blur of motion, and the screams that filled the car were drowned out by the deafening sound of the crash.

When Ishan woke up, the world was silent. The sterile white walls of the hospital room greeted him as he tried to make sense of what had happened. His body ached, and his head was pounding, but the physical pain was nothing compared to the dread that filled his heart.

It was then that he saw Shubman, sitting on a chair by the window, his face a mask of grief. He was holding Ayansh close, as if the boy was the only thing keeping him tethered to reality. Shubman’s eyes were hollow, his expression emotionless as he looked at Ishan.

“You lost him,” Shubman’s voice was cold, void of the warmth that had once been there. “You lost our son. And my parents, my sister… They’re gone...  because of you.”

The weight of Shubman’s words crushed Ishan, and he felt as though the air had been sucked out of the room. His heart shattered as he tried to reach out, desperate to comfort Shubman, to find some comfort himself. But Shubman pulled Ayansh away, refusing to let Ishan touch him.

“This is all your fault,” Shubman continued, his voice barely above a whisper, but it cut deeper than any shout could have. “Your stubbornness, your carelessness… You killed them.”

Ishan’s world came crashing down around him. He could barely breathe, the guilt and despair overwhelming him. He wanted to say something, to apologize, to beg for forgiveness, but the words wouldn’t come. All he could do was cry, the tears streaming down his face as he tried to reach out again, only to be rejected once more by Shubman.

“Because of you, I lost everything! My family... my child... ”

Shubman’s words were the final blow, delivered with a coldness that Ishan had never seen in him before.

And then, as if the weight of Shubman’s grief and anger was too much to bear, Ishan fainted, his body succumbing to the shock and exhaustion.

Outside the hospital room, Rohit and Hardik were trying to reason with Shubman, but it was like talking to a wall. Shubman’s pain had consumed him, and he wasn’t willing to listen to anything they had to say.

“Shubman, please,” Rohit’s voice was pleading, his heart breaking for his brother. “Ishan didn’t mean for this to happen. He’s devastated, just like you.”

But Shubman’s eyes, filled with tears, flashed with anger as he glared at them. “I don’t care,” he spat. “Your brother is selfish, and because of him, I’ve lost everything. Don’t you dare try to defend him to me.”

Hardik, always protective of Ishan, couldn’t hold back his anger any longer. He grabbed Shubman by the collar, his own eyes blazing with fury.

“Ek word bhi nahi sunga ishan ke bare main..” he growled, his voice trembling with barely contained rage.

Shubman’s face was streaked with tears, but his glare didn’t waver. With all the strength he could muster, he pushed Hardik away, causing him to stumble back into Rohit’s arms.

Virat, who had been standing nearby, rushed forward to hold Shubman, trying to calm him down.

“Sab kuch apke Bhai ke waje se huva hai.!!” Shubman screamed, his voice cracking with the intensity of his emotions.

“It's all because of him!!! I wish I never meet him!! I wish I never married him!!!! i wish he would have died instant of my family... Instant of My child!!!”

The words hung in the air like a death sentence, and Rohit and Hardik could do nothing but watch as Shubman’s grief consumed him. Virat held Shubman tightly, his own heart breaking for the man who had lost so much.

When Ishan finally woke up again, the world felt different. The memories of what had happened were gone, wiped clean from his mind. The pain, the guilt, the horror of that night—all of it had vanished, leaving him in a state of confused innocence.

But for Shubman, the memories were all too clear, and the pain they carried was something he would never forget. The man he had once loved, the father of his children, was now a stranger to him, a reminder of everything he had lost. And as he looked at Ishan, lying in that hospital bed, Shubman knew that things would never be the same again.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Vote and show some support ❤️