Chapter 14: mother

8:45am. Daniel had woken up before Angelo, so he walked off into the kitchen, slowly to try not to startle Angelo. He'd just finished brewing his coffee before he got a call, waking Angelo up.

"hello" -D

"Hi is this Daniel Jones?"

"yes..how can I help you?" -D

"your mother, shes dying, she might be gone within less than a week, did you want to see her?"

Instantly upon hearing that, he froze, all he could muster out was a simple yes before hanging up

"heyyy morning! who was that?" -A

"car." -D

Before Angelo could respond, Daniel dropped his coffee, dragging Angelo to the car, and sped off

"Daniel?? seriously are you okay?" -A

Daniel could barely respond, he was driving way past the speed limit, shaking.

"Daniel you're scaring me please talk-"

He put the brakes on, and pulled over slowly, still shaking.

"my mom. shes.."

Tears formed in his eyes, Angelo looking at him with a wide eyed expression, before hugging him from the passenger. As he felt his embrace, Daniel started crying, silently, holding onto Angelo.

"shes dying..I need to visit her" -D

"we should drive a little saver though.." -A

Angelo was slightly against the idea, since he believed she was responsible for trying to ruin their relationship, despite the things Daniel told him about her. They finally arrived, Daniel rushing in to find her room.

"mom?" -D

"Danny..is that you sweetheart?"

"..its me mama" -D

"you came to visit me..after I left you?"

"you're still my mama after all.." -D

"..I'm sorry. I know no amount of me saying I'm sorry is gonna change what me and your father did. I wish I never listened to him. You know how he was.." 

"I was only a child mama..how could I?" -D

"You seen the way he spoke to me, I really did try for you and Mia..but he..he told me you were old enough to fend on your own..I cried and tried to refuse but..he put his hands on me for the first time..i was that badly beaten..he took me to a hospital and he told me if I went back he'd kill me..I only sat with him in that diner with your boyfriend because I was basically chained to him..now I'm finally dying..and he ran off.."

"..I always knew my father was horrible..I'm sorry mama..this last week we have together I'm gonna spend time getting to know you.." -D

"wait but..didn't you say she was a liar yourself?" -A

"angelo" -D

"How do you know she's not lying to you now? remember our entire argument how both your parents were liars? You're suddenly against that?" Angelo softly spoke, she wasn't trying to be rude to his boyfriends mother, but he had his suspicions. 

"..would you maybe like to wait outside while I speak to my mother?" -D

"..daniel?"

"just..get us a hotel for the night" he brushed Angelo off, turning to his mother again. Angelo took a few steps back, still facing them, before turning off and walking out. She sat at the door for a few seconds before walking out of the hospital.