Part nine

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐓: young-street on deviantart

𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐓: young-street on deviantart.com

"Would you explain to me how I'm supposed to become friends with  croco guy, please?" He throws his hands up in the air a little frantically

"Would you explain to me how I'm supposed to become friends with croco guy, please?" He throws his hands up in the air a little frantically. You cross your arms in front of your chest and look boredly at him, while you wait for the elevator.

"My goodness relax sweetie. I already have a plan. Now we just need to change your style." There is a bright clang as the elevator arrives at your floor and the door opens.

"Change my style?!" He raises his eyebrows but you ignore him and get into the elevator, grinning slyly to yourself.

You stand casually next to each other, but Ace still looks at you skeptically. His scrutinizing gaze makes you snort.

"Yeah.. can you remember what I said? I told you; to find out what the bad guys do, you have to think like a bad guy." The depth in your voice makes Ace lean towards you, but you don't budge. In fact, you turn your chest towards him.

"Of course, but what does one have to do with the other?" You take a deep breath and take your eyes off him. Your eyes wander over his collarbone, now that you're standing so close to each other you realize how tall he actually is. You somehow always forget.

Whatever suddenly has gotten into you, maybe it's the sight of his muscular chest, but somehow you feel the need to let out your playful side, and you raise a hand.

You run it along his arm to his shoulder and run your delicate fingers over the collar of his button down shirt. His shirt was a little messy and you wanted to fix it, not just because you wanted to touch Ace but because you wanted to make a point.

"you know Ace..." Your gaze goes sharply upwards and as you had already guessed, Ace had his intense gaze on your eyes.

You ignore the glint in his eyes and the flutter in your stomach, and look at his collar again.

"Sir Crocodile likes people who are like him. Not just in behavior. This guy is as shallow as he is luxurious..." You smooth the fabric on his chest with both palms and 'push' him backwards with slow steps until his back is against the wall. Slowly but surely, it's no longer about smoothing out his shirt.