Chapter 1

PHUWIN POV

"Phuuu! Hey! My dear twin! Will you wake up or will you wake up?"

I grunt and sit up on my bed. My twin is very persistent. I said 10 more minutes. It's still early.

"I'm already awake!" I shouted back.

Seriously? We go to school at 8 am and it's already 5 am. I know he hates being late, but he wakes up too early. Our house is close to the university and we have a car. We don't have any problem traveling to school since we have our own car. Sometimes I wonder if this twin of mine already has a girlfriend or what. He is always in a hurry to go to school.

I stepped down from my bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower to wake up my spirit. I'm still really sleepy because of the project I finished last night. Being a second-year Information and Communication Engineering is hard.

Gemini on the other hand took up Bachelor of Arts and Science in Integrated Innovation. I don't know how difficult his course is or if he is struggling. Gemini is the kind of guy who as long as he can handle stress or hardship in his study, won't say anything to me. We also rarely talk about our studies here at home unless it's really needed.

We go to the same school, so we know each other's schedule is the same. And this semester, our schedule is almost the same. Same vacancies, same lunch time. The only difference between us is the time of going home, but we make sure we will go home together.

Gemini is the older of the two of us. He's 5 minutes ahead of me. I never called him Phi though as I don't want to have any boundaries between us. It's okay with him that I don't call him phi anymore. He said, as long as he can feel my respect towards him, it doesn't matter, if I don't call him phi at all. Our parents are also okay with it. What they want is for both of us to live harmoniously and peacefully.

"Phu, food is ready. Let's eat!"

One thing I don't like about my twin? He is a freaking nag. He is like our mom, a yapper. I know Mom asked him to take care of me when we moved to Bangkok when we entered college, but I never expected him to be like this. It seems like he is carrying our mother's soul inside him and transforming into her when it is needed. He always nags at me, especially in the morning.

I quickly left the room. Gemini just finished serving.

"Can you please tone down? You're too loud. Even the dead in the cemetery will wake up because of your loud voice."

"Where's your shirt?"

Okay. Here we go. A morning yap from my twin.

"I told you to wear a shirt before going out of your room to eat. Also, dry your hair properly. What if you catch a cold? You're like a child. You need to..."

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

I just ignored what he said. I went straight to the countertop where our coffee maker was and made our coffee. There's a mistake in his gender here. He should be a girl. My twin should be a girl. He is really no different from Mom.

I put the coffee I made on the table and put on the t-shirt I had hung on the back of the chair when I came to our dining area. As for my hair, how can I dry it when he already calls me to eat? Do I have to multitask? Like eating while drying my hair? Do I look like an octopus or squid to him?

After eating our breakfast, I wash the dishes and prepare to go to school. I make sure that I look good of course. Being smart and dean lister is an achievement, but to always look good and handsome is mandatory.

As soon as we arrived at the school, Pond, Gemini's best friend was already waiting for us, as usual. He's with his cousin Fourth. I'm not sure why every morning they are waiting for us outside the gate of uni. But it's completely fine with me. Seeing Pond before my class starts is a good way to start my day.

Pond is taking up Biomedical Engineering. Since we are both taking up engineering with different field of student, we always hang out if there is a time since we are in the same building. That is more than enough for me already. Hanging out with him, talking about random things during our vacant time and even having lunch together, I'm contented with it. But there are times that I am thinking how happy it would be if we were together. If he is mine. If he is my boyfriend.

Yes! Pond is my crush. I have liked him since we were in high school. No one knows about it. Even Gemini.

No one knows that I am gay. No one knows that I like guys. And I don't have any plans of coming out. I'm not scared of coming out actually. What I'm scared of is losing Pond if he knows I am gay.

"Good morning phi Gemini, phi Phu." Fourth cheerfully greeted us.

"Good morning Fotfot." I came to him and mess his hair. He slapped my hand away and pouted his lips.

"Not my hair phi."

I chuckled. I gently pinched his cheek, then, I fixed his hair.

Fourth, or Fotfot as we call him, is a young brother I always wanted to have. A brother that I want to spoil and take care of.

Fourth is taking up a PolSci course as he wants to be a lawyer someday. He is smart and cute. How I really wish he was my brother.

"Where's my good morning phi Gem?" Fotfot asked my twin.

"Good morning," Gemini said. Can I smack my twin's head right now? Who will say good morning with a deadpan face? Can't he even smile? Fotfot greeted us cheerfully. Can't he see it? Can't he do the same?

"You hate morning, I see." Fotfot said. "But it's okay. I love morning."

Fotfot and his unrequited love for Gemini.

I admire Fotfot bravery. He confessed to my twin on the first day of his college day. Right in front of me and his cousin. He confessed confidently, loud and clear and that made us stunned and flabbergasted for a while. Of course, Gemini is more shocked than us. It took him 5 minutes to totally process what Gemini said.

How can he be so braved of his feelings, while I can't?

"Early birds are here!"

We turned to the voice came from at the same time.

"Love birds are here." I murmured as Joong and Dunk approached us with their hand intertwined.

Joong has been my best friend since grade school. We attended the same school from grade school up until now. Dunk was Pond ex boyfriend. They ended their relationship nice and clean and now they are also friends. Joong is cool with it because Dunk doesn't allow Joong to be jealous of Pond.

Dunk is taking up Computer Innovation Engineering while Joong is taking up Creative Media Design. They met last year during my and Gemini's birthday. At that time, Pond and Dunk had already broken up.

I keep my eyes on Joong and Dunk. Their relationship is secret to no one. They open their relationship in public but keep it in private. They always walk on the campus with their hand intertwined. They never give a shit to other's opinions. I can see how happy they are with each other.

Can I hope for a relationship like that with Pond, someday?