Chapter 9

"Beer?"

"How are you?"

Instead of answering his question, I throw another question at him.

"You brought me here to the hospital?"

"Yeah." He first put the paper bag he was carrying on the small table next to my bed and then he approached me. He reached for my forehead to check my temperature.

"How did you know?"

"The dorm admin called me."

"How did the dorm admin know? And why did they call you? I mean, why you?"

He looked at me and smiled. "How did the admin know about it? My brother called her. Then the admin called me to take you to the hospital because your fever was high. You were shivering. My brother also called me to watch over you for a while."

"I don't understand. How did your brother know?"

"Because I know his brother." A familiar voice echoed throughout the whole room. I immediately looked at the room's entrance and was shocked to see him.

"Why are you here?" I curiously asked Pondl. He was looking at me seriously. His one hand was placed inside his pocket. Dark circles under his eyes are slightly visible.

He didn't answer me. He just shook his head and came closer to me. He reached for my forehead to check my temperature. "It's finally gone." He said in a relieved voice and he sat on the side of my bed.

"Why are you here?" I asked him again.

"You called him, Phuwin. Don't you remember?" Si Beer ang sumagot.

"I called him? When?"

"The night you were shivering and in a delirious state due to a high fever, you called me."

"Really? Why can't I remember anything?" I asked curiously.

"Maybe your body reacts on its own." Pond answer.

"But why are you here? I mean, if I called you last night, how come you are here already?"

"Last night? What do you mean you called me last night?" Pond asked me confusedly.

"You told me that I called you last night."

"Phu, you are out more than 24 hours. You called me last Friday night and now it's Sunday afternoon already."

"WHAT?"

"Too much stress and pressure cause you a 40-degree fever. You were shivering when you called me. When you were taken to the hospital, your fever didn't go down right away. It was just this morning that your fever went down completely but you were monitored closely in case it rose again. You were unconscious also the whole time."

"You're joking, right? I mean, me being unconscious for more than 24 hours?"

"Phuwin, since when did I take your situation as a joke?" Pond asked me back.

"But."

"Phu, have you ever reached a 40-degree fever?"

I immediately shook my head as an answer to Pond's question.

"Exactly. Because you were immediately sent to the hospital if you could not handle your fever, but last Friday, you just ate and slept after taking your medicine. You didn't even bother to check your temperature. The high temperature stays until you are brought to the hospital."