chapter 12

[ past lives and promises]

Authors pov

"Quick question how much is one year?" Eliott asked out of blue.

"a year?" Jason murmured unamused.

Group of six young adults walked on the shoreline of the newly arrived island. it was summer and fortunate enough there wasn't a life to be seen yet on the beach. The group came here specifically to see the ruins of the once great kingdom that suddenly crumbled down. Legends say that the heir to the throne killed his family after being blinded by love. Who later commits suicides after his girlfriend mysteriously died. Till this day it hasn't been known the reason for the downfall of this once great kingdom. And today they have come here to explore and to know that all. Will they know how many people have come here and left without knowing a word.

"Nah man why you are smiling like that." Kendrix questioned looking at his other friend who was smirking weirdly.

"it's actually 31536000 seconds you no brainers." Kevin laughed at his own answer while others gave him a weird look.

Nonetheless they setup the tent while Kevin kept dropping weird facts and statements which ended up being others entertainment. During the day, the group decided to have fun and relax after each meal since they came here for a week.

The night fell upon them slowly as they were playing volleyball in the sea. As the red hues started to color the surrounding, they decided to come out and get ready for the night. Lighting up the campfire as the huddled up around it with warm blankets and a cup of coffee talking about the future with their destinated one. The warmness surrounding them as the half-moon shining up on them. Cracking jokes and making fun of each other they decided to play truth or dare after their dinner.

"Okay kendrix your turn." Ace shouted as the empty bottle of soju stopped on him.

"what's the hype here eh... dare." Kendrix said as he took another sip from his third can of beer.

"Getting bold huh." Ace smirked while eyeing his girlfriend which was seating near him. "I dare you both to go on a walk for five minutes."

Hearing her dare kendrix laughed and made fun of her while others complained saying that wasn't even a dare. But neither of others knew in what condition the said couple are in. definitely a drunk kendrix isn't innocent talk. Surely enough ace knew they aren't going to walk for five minutes. Instead, they are going to run.

"Shall we go now m'lady" kendrix stood up giving his hand to his girlfriend to take.

"Have fun you both." Ace waved them goodbye seeing the couple are at a good distance afar from them. "Now let's call it a night."

"But why babe. We just started." Jason complained to his girlfriend after chugging out the bottle of water in one sip.

"All of us here knows they aren't going to comeback anytime soon. And besides, we have to go look for the castle." Eliott said as she stood up dusting off the fine sands on her dress.

After some random talk here and there, the rest decided to call it a day and went to sleep in their designated tents. Letting the fire burn itself out silence took over the place. Not so far away the couple which went on the walk were sitting near the shore looking above the starry sky. Hands collapsed together, resting heads on each other.

The occasional kisses on the back of the hand and playing with the fingers of each other's kept them entertained in their talk. Each other's body heat keeping them warm in the cold night.

"Promise me" kendrix tightened the grip on her hand. "We will live together forever."

"Promise but we need to have four kids and three cats and a pet chicken." Charlotte stated looking at his eyes.