Act 1- scene 1

This scene begins in the small but portable home of Mr Bryan and Mrs Sharon Wright. They have three children; James, Kingsley and Danielle Wright. They are an average family. The two sons are done with school and are now helping their parents with their restaurant business. The last child and only girl is in high school and is a high flyer, she is jovial and fun loving
SHARON WRIGHT: Danielle, wake up. You're late for school (she says barging into her daughters room)
DANIELLE: (in a sleepy voice) Hmm, Mum, it's not yet time for school and besides I told you that you don't have to wake me up, I'm all grown up now.
SHARON:( smiling) Really, you're grown up, I see. I am quite sure I see 7:30am on your alarm clock. Anyways, you are not late( still smiling while arranging her daughter's uniform)
DANIELLE: (surprised) What! How is it 7:30....Nooooo, must have overslept and my friends will be waiting for me at school.
(she gets up and rushes into the bathroom. While in the bathroom
DANIELLE: Mum, will you help me iron my uniforms so that immediately I'm out, I will wear them and rush off to school....pleaseee
SHARON:(smiling)I have already done that dear, just have your bath and go to school. You wouldn't want Charity and Ruth(Danielle's friends) to be waiting for you.
DANIELLE: Thanks mum.
( She leaves the bathroom, dries herself, applies cream, brushes her hair, arranges her stuff and leaves her room)
In the sitting room
JAMES WRIGHT: Mum, I am going now, ok.(He says while hugging her)
SHARON: Ok my dear, be safe. I will come when I am done with everything( she taps his head with a smile)
(Danielle rushes in)
DANIELLE:(saying hurriedly) I am going now. Bye James, Mum(she pecks her).(Looks around) Where is Dad and Kingsley?
JAMES: They have gone out. Let me drop you off at school.
DANIELLE: Ok, thanks brother. But can you speed up when driving or I will take the wheel myself
(they all have a laugh)
JAMES:(playfully) Ok, my lady.
(He drives her off to school..BIG GATES HIGH SCHOOL)
At school
Students trooping in and out of classes waiting for the morning bell. Danielle rushes and sees her two bossom friends waiting for her.
CHARITY JAMES: Oh my goodness Danielle, why are you late(in high pitched, questioning tone) Do you know how many minutes we've been waiting here?
RUTH HALL: Yeah Danielle, this has never happened before, you are always the first to come amongst the three of us, whats up?
DANIELLE:(smiling) I am sorry, I just woke up late today, nothing is wrong..I promise.
RUTH:(suddenly remembering) I heard that we might have a new student .....I pray it's a girl. we've had enough boys already
DANIELLE and CHARITY: (laughing out loud) Are ok, you haven't even seen the person, ok
RUTH: Whatever, can we go to class now
(They all head down to class laughing and talking amongst themselves)
Curtain Closes