(III) Taehyung

I stared at the blood coating my fingers and knuckles before dropping my hands to the side. Keeping my head high and face void of any emotion I walked back to my position beside Rafael, his eyes on me as he smiled proudly. 

"Now that it's done, tell us why you called us here." Kash, the leader of shades asked. His voice thick and commanding with the shades shuffling behind their master. 

"It's simple. I have a word of The Book of Azrael." 

Loud commotion started in the room with people hushing and whispering among each other. Hyun-jae, Sekka and I remained silent and composed. We don't show any weakness or surprise for we are always on point, powerful and indestructible. 

"It's impossible!" The leader of Baku yelled.

"Even if it's found, the war happened thousands of years ago, how can we read what's written in it!?" The head of the human council, even after being a human was surprisingly too interested in something which shouldn't concern a human at all.

"Read it?" Kai scoffed. "Forget about reading. If it's real, you know what it brings with it."

His words as if set a realization among everyone, they all went silent and looked at Rafael.

"The world ender.", a soft feminine voice spoke through the silence, and everyone turned to the Banshees. Sasha looked like she was lost in her thoughts until someone tapped her shoulder then she realised she spoke her mind out loud. Straightening her hair, she brushed her suit to hide the awkwardness.

"Right, right." Rafael said, chuckling in mid. "The great world ender. The legend. The son of Unir. The God. The wielder of The Blade of Oblivion. And where is he?" No one spoke a word because they didn't know the answer. No one knows. "He is a myth. No one has seen him after the gods war, after Rashearim blew up, which was also done by him. He is what's keeping you all in line, huh? Mere stories to keep the kids asleep at night."

"They aren't stories." Kai again interrupted. "The Hand exists. They still walk through realms. If the Hand exists, so does the body and the head. And he is the head, The World Ender." All while he spoke, the witches behind him kept their guard on, waiting for us to strike on Kai for speaking out of turn. 

"And heads can be severed." Rafael's words were venom, filled with rage.

Once again, silence fell over, and I sensed it before anyone. The smell of fear, it was clouded in the room and for the first time, they were not scared of Rafael. I have seen how ruthless Rafael is, and seeing these people fearing The World Ender over Rafael is speaking volumes. 

"You all fear him. I get it. It's understandable with how many stories are shoved down your throats about the oh so terrifying, powerful world ender. But hear me, he is a coward. He is no great god you all make him to be. Just how many I have slayed of his type, yet he refuses to show his face. He is a lost, defeated god, that's it." Rafael stands up and leans over the table looking at everyone in their eye. 

"But this book? This book will give us our freedom, our power. We will rule with it. They sealed off the realms and gave us no choice. Just how many of yours are stuck on the other side, if they are even alive." 

His last line was the hit. I could see some people agreeing with his words. "The gods you fear....they all lost their power the day they spilled their own blood on their own world."

"And this book? Do you, have it?" The leader of the shades asked.

"Not yet. But Yunjae here," Rafael points as the head of the human council, "has been kind enough to provide me information on the celestials. We have infiltered their ranks and that's the reason I have called you all here. We need to be united, regardless of anything. We can't be weak, not when I am planning to open realms."