(II)Taehyung

The portal opened with a smoke surrounding us, partitioning the ocean bed to make a way for us. Our home, Novas was an island off the coast of Kashvenia, surrounded by the angry ocean waves from all sides. I always thought it must be a part that fell after the Gods war like other worlds. A part that Rafael owned, made and claimed as his own, making it a home to many. Though it was never a home to me, never felt so. My home was far away from here, safe.

"It's quiet. It's never quiet." The heavy bags on my shoulder falling on the rock pebbled floor with a thud as I look around in the empty hall. "Settling Mr. Park took a lot of time, I guess." With a sigh, Hyun-jae looked around the empty place, the dread of being late finally settling in. No matter what information we brought, being late would eventually piss Rafael off and no one wants that to happen. 

"Let's get going." Continuing our steps as Hyun-jae said, we climbed up the stairs, standing in front of the large twin doors with iron fences before he pushed in open. Instantly the coldness from outside was replaced with warmness welcoming us inside. 

"Daddy's home!" As always, I screamed out, dropping the bags on the floor when another voice rang out from above. 

"Still a kid." Sekka. The fourth in command. After me and Hyun-jae, he is the one in command and still bitter with the fact that I am the second in command after Rafael. Looking up at him, his pale skin reflecting in the golden light of the chandelier. He is always composed; you would never see a wrong strand out of his hair. Stone eyes with his sharp jawline, aura screaming power, he always made me hesitate like he was some undefeatable ancient being.

But he is nothing in front of Rafael. That man will make you kneel and kowtow with just his eyes, that's the power he holds. 

"You two are late. Leve the bags and go get ready." The way he smiles at Hyun-jae, it makes me think he is not just a hollow vessel working for Rafael and has some heart in him. Though it's not for me. And I am fine with it. He hates me, I hate him, we can live like that. 

"Is it started already?" Which means we are really late. "You both are really late, stop wasting time, and what's in those bags?" His words reminded me of the bags by our legs and Hyun-jae kicked one near him, spilling out the bluish liquid from a small opening.

"We brought dinner for Irvikuva." The name itself makes my insides turn. The Irvikuva are monsters, pure monsters with no mortal part in them. They are also Rafael's creation, failed creation if we call it. After me, Hyun-jae and Sekka, all the Ig'Morruthens Rafael made ended up as monsters with horns looking like gargoyles. They are created for fighting because that's what they do, that's their nature. In name of conversation all they can do is mimic sounds. But that's enough to make them more threatening and dangerous.

As if they heard us, their loud roars and howls rang up from the outside. They are scattered into every corner of this island; all it needs is a word and they would come running here. It still doesn't make sense to me how they can hear us from so far.

"Are they going to be here while we have guests?" I asked because I think it's ridiculous. But seeing the grin they both shared, I knew my answer. Of course, they would do something so ridiculous. I stayed behind, watching as they both walked away in the empty hallway. 

A few guards walked to me and stood in front of me. "Take these downstairs and feed them." At my order, they bowed at me before compiling as I said. Now I have to get ready for the 'get together'. 

With every step I took on the obsidian floor, my heels clicked echoing in the dark hallway. Rafael has a huge ego, and creating a palace with luxury, who's every nook and corner screams wealth is a way to feed his ego. At least that's what I think.