(VIII)Taehyung

With one push, Rafael threw the man on the corner before he burning ember red eyes snapped up to meet mine. "You were told to wait!" He growled, his fangs out in anger. 

"I thought it was abandoned." On cue I heard two pairs of footsteps behind me and I didn't have to turn to know who it is. Hyun-jae and Sekka both finally decided to grace me with their presence. They both walked to where Rafael was standing, towering over the man on the ground with bleeding midsection. His lights on his body continued to flicker, as he looked at the three men standing in front of him before speaking in a language I do not understand and spat his blood on Rafael's feet.

"Ah...the old ancient language of Rashearim." He spoke as if it was something pleasant to him. I watched as he took the blade from Hyun-jae's hand who brought it with him before and showed it to the man on the ground. "Do you know what this is?" I watched as the surprise coated the man's face then suddenly replaced with something else, a mask of a warrior. He was going to fight.

"The forsaken blade, made from the bones of ancient Ig'Morruthens." The man whispered but loud enough for me to hear. Rafael chuckled before nodding and spoke. "You do know about it, you also know what it does to your kind, don't you, Zekiel?" The man's eyes widened and this time in utter surprise and shock.

"You know my name? How?" My own temper rose at the revelation. Just how much has he kept from me? And how much he knows? But I knew better than meddling right now, so I kept myself calm as he went on.

"The Hand of Rashearim. Samkiel's guard or should I call him Jungkook? Heard he doesn't quite like being called Samkiel, why? Couldn't bear the responsibilities like a useless God?" Each word made me think how much he kept me in dark, but it wasn't anything new. He was always secretive. Mysterious even.

The Hand on the floor looked like he accepted his fate but not defeat. His eyes still cold and ready to fight when Rafael raised his blade and chopped off both of his arms. Agonizing screams echoed in the room as he bled on the floor with his detached hands by his body. Rafael was ruthless, it wasn't anything new, but it still didn't make me used to it. Sekka kicked the chopped limbs away from him, smiling as he did so.

"Now that you can no longer bring out those stupid blades, let's get the work done. Hyun-jae." On Rafael's command, he took a step forward before his shadow like tentacles surrounded the man or Zekiel's head before another scream, worse than before echoed in the room. I saw as his eyes rolled back with his head hanging over low, face twisted in pain as Hyun-jae breached into his mind.

With a sigh, he pulled his shadow back. "What happened?" Rafael asked eyeing the man on floor who looked like he was on the brink of death. "Nothing. His mind as a barrier, I can penetrate it, but I need more time." 

"That's fine." Rafael smiled down at the man. "We have lots of time."

"No, you don't." 

None of us had time to interpret what he meant when he started chanting and suddenly a soaring pain ran through my body forcing me on my knees. It was like thousands of bolts of electricity was passing through me. My teeth clenched to bear the pain as I doubled over on the ground on fours. I heard a loud animalistic roar and turned to the side to see Sekka growling like a beast, which he was at the moment. He was glitching and transforming into every creature he has ever, and I didn't need to look at Hyun-jae to know he was doing the same.

Another loud and painful scream was heard from Rafael, full of malice. I have never heard him like that. My gaze returned to the center of the room to see Zekiel back on his feet, holding his midsection by his bleeding hand when he took a look at me before rushing towards the exit. 

He was getting away, our only hold. I couldn't let him go. I wouldn't. I put my hand on the silver barrier around us, looking at the numerous signs and symbols on it. It burned my hand but I closed my eyes and concentrated on my power and energy, blocking out the pain, screams and burning, everything around me.