(XI)Jungkook

"Is he dead?" He has been unconscious for two days and I am starting to think he is dead, just not disintegrated yet.

Beside me Hoseok sighed as he was also in the room. "I don't remember. It's been so long we have seen an Ig'Morruthen, don't they disintegrate after they die?" I didn't reply as I continued to sketch on the notebook Yoongi gave me. 

"Stay still, will you?" Yoongi's groaned behind me. I narrowed my eyes at him from the side. "Hey! I am just trying to make the best out of the burned hair you got."  He muttered as he continued to clean off the hair on my nape, shortening it. He gave me an undercut saying it will look good. I don't know how I am looking with how long he has been at it.

"He isn't dead. He can regenerate and that's what he must be doing with all the damage he suffered." I didn't tell them that I can feel his energy from floors above. His powers are hollering and very much alive. But they don't need to know with how much there's already for them to handle.

"Regeneration? Are you sure? He can even control darkness? That's how the shapeshifting makes sense. It was impossible to trace any difference when he took the form of other mortal." Jimin said as he walked in and sat beside Yoongi. He has healed his snapped neck and was fine now. Yoongi refuses to let him get out of his sight after what happened. 

I opened my mouth to answer him, but Yoongi gripped my chin, forcing my head in another direction, doing what was starting to feel like torture. "Yes. He has peculiar powers. His powers and abilities aren't common. The shapeshifting and regeneration? I have only seen four Ig'Morruthens with this ability and they were the four kings of Yejedin. They have been dead for thousands of years. It's not possible unless a breeding pair survived. We need to interrogate him and get the answers."

"I forgot you used to scribe for the bestiary." Hoseok commented looking at my sketch. 

"What do you think? I mean, it's better than before. It looked like burned crop fields." I looked in the mirror and caught Hoseok's grimace before Yoongi glared at him. "It's not terrible, at least."  

My hair looked decent at least. No longer till my shoulder. My head and neck felt light. I didn't resemble my father, nor my mother with the chestnut hair. My hair was darker, shorter with trimmed sideburns. 

"You look good with short hair. I'd never really pictured you with short hair. Good thing you didn't had this hair before, there would've been a lot more problem in Rashearim." Jimin joked reminiscing the past. They all remembered. I did too. They didn't change, still the same as they were before. But I did. I didn't want to, but I did. The coldness, the darkness creeped up into me, feeling me with resentment. Now, all I wished to be able to laugh, feel the joy, happiness that people around me do. 

"We have an interrogation to conduct." My voice came out harsher than intended. They all fell silent, no one laughing anymore. "I need all the information we have on him and those who he came with."

"Are you sure there were others?" Hoseok questioned standing up with the others. "Yes. I heard it. He did too, there was a whistle. There were more of them. I know what I heard and what not. What I needed from you all, I already said that." 

Jimin nodded with Yoongi and Hoseok by his side as their gaze lowered, the previous humor long gone. "Yes, my liege." They all said in unison before leaving the room one by one.

"Here." I handed the sketch book to Jimin. "Add this to bestiary. I have added all the forms he took, his abilities, and other things to be noted. I need it updated and once we find out about his colleagues, I will need that too."

"He is really handsome for a fire breathing monster that tried to kill us all." Jimin stared at the sketch for long with amusement.

"He is an Ig'Morruthen. Calculative, smart, powerful. No matter how beautiful he is, he is a monster beneath the shell."