(VI)Taehyung

We both were spending out time together doing normal things. I was framing every bit of this memory in my mind for I don't know when I will experience this all again. 

"So? What should we watch?" I asked as I shuffled through channels. Beomgyu stood up to bring some snacks from kitchen for us and spoke. "Romance!" 

Shaking my head at his choice I switched through channels only to stop at a news channel when my eyes caught the words blazing on the screen. There was an earthquake near Ecanus. 

"The strange thing about this was it wasn't even a large earthquake for the area. The only real damage was to the three ancient temples." The woman on the screen broadcasted the images of the impact, with the ruins of ancient temples. They were similar to that of the Etherworld after the end of the Gods war. My nerves acted up and I abruptly stood up, scaring Gyu beside him. 

"Phone. My phone." Where was my phone? I frantically searched for it only to find it in kitchen. What if Rafael had called and I missed? I quickly checked through the call logs but surprisingly there were no calls or messages. 

An earthquake in Ecanus? It was rare to say the least, and the temples couldn't be a coincidence. But considering there was no call from him, there's nothing I can do, nor do I want to. I walked back to living room and met Beomgyu's worried gaze. "Hyung, is everything fine?"

"Yes. Just thought of something. So, what movie were you talking about?" 

"Oh right! You know the Moon prince."

Distracting him was easy, but it didn't put the worry in me to ease. Just because I am here doesn't mean Rafael is also sitting or enjoying his time chilling. And it's ticking me off thinking what they must be up to in my absence. 

Being with Beomgyu, in the last few days, I felt at peace. Not being on alert waiting for a call was nice.  All day I stayed at home, raided his kitchen for food, watched his cliche movies. I felt at home. The fear of getting a call from Rafael or him appearing suddenly to take me back faded as days turned into weeks. I became comfortable enough to sleep without worrying I would wake up to a nightmare. Gyu always had this calming aura that grounded me, kept my beast in me at bay. In his presence the Ig'Morruthen in me fell quiet, it never went away, it can't, it's a part of me, but with him around me, it was always asleep.

Today, we hopped into his car as he drove me around to show me the places. As we were done with our drive, we both were hungry so Beomgyu decided to park near a market. "You remember the fortune cookies?" His eyes gleamed with happiness as he dragged me to the nearest shop. 

"You are serious?" I chuckled as he bought two of it and handed me one. "Let's open on the count of three!" I shook my head at his childishness but somewhere I was curious too, to know what I have in my luck though I don't believe in it. Just the mystery of what ifs surrounding us.