The perfect Son

Anurag being the eldest son , had a small and decent Gujarati family , who had recently shifted from their village to a metro city.

Being from a private sector , his father had decent job , but surviving in metro city was a diffrente struggle for them .

Anurag  being a sweet , mature child always wanted to see things , experience the normal life of a boy living In a city but the struggles of his life had different plans .

His father , had a job , but during covid , he faced loss and surviving in that city looked impossible for them .

His father started doing small jobs , driving but had mental break down when he couldn't afford to give the decent life to his family .

Being his mother's favourite child , Anurag didn't felt to bother his brother and waited for his dad with his mother .

'It's 2am and still your father didn't came home ? Where is he ?' His mother worried .

' mum don't stress , I think he is on his way to home . He will come . ' Anurag assured his mother.

At 2:30 am

The doorbell ranged and his mother immediately opened the door , saw his father in drunken state .

Anurag and his mother was already upset from his father being this late and worried because he wasn't picking up his calls and then this really shocked them .

'Mu-mm step aside . I m taking dad in his room . ' Anurag said , hiding pain.

His eyes became dull with disappointment and he couldn't afford to show his emotions infornt of his mother .

His mother was way shocked after seeing this and couldn't utter a word .

She witnessed this scene and tears were brimming in her eyes .

Disappointment was a small word to describe what his mother felt that day , she was silent that day .

Anurag led his father to his room , hiding his tears , and led him to bed .

' I can't let that happen . It's all my fault .' His father was chanting continuously which didn't went unnoticed by Anurag but right now his mother was traumatized by this.

He held his mother and let her sit on sofa and gave a glass of water.

His other sibling were asleep , tired of waiting for his father , only Anurag and his mother were awake , deciding they will talk on this matter to his father .

But now they witnessed the scene , their heart broke and Anurag decided to not let anyone know this incident .

That day , different thoughts ran in his mind , thinking what would be the reason of doing this all and he felt miserable witnessing his mother .

After 1 hr his mother went to sleep , he being with his mother, comforting her , assuring her that everything would be fine and he will talk bout this matter to his father .

It was 3:30 am

He was in his room , staring at the wall cluelessly and suddenly his eyes went on his phone screen lit up with a notification.

There were 3 messages and 2 missed call from Kiran. His faced showed utter guilt as he kept her waiting for him again.

This was when , they decided to call and she kept on waiting for his call and he again couldn't made it .

This was third time he had done this , but he had his reasons .

'You again did this to her! This time she won't accept your apology .'