PROLOGUE

They had always laughed at the idea of best friends turning into lovers. For Shivansh Rajvansh and Ruhi Kapoor, the notion of true love was nothing more than a romanticized cliché. Their bond was something else entirely-strong, pure, and unbreakable. Or so they thought. As the years passed and the seasons changed, their friendship blossomed into a love neither had anticipated. It was subtle at first, a gentle transition that felt as natural as the sunrise. Their laughter grew warmer, their silences more comfortable. They didn't need words to communicate; a simple glance was enough.

For Shivansh, Ruhi was his world. She wasn't just a friend or a lover; she was his reason for being. Her laughter was his favorite sound, her presence his solace. "I didn't believe in love," he often told himself, "I just believed her." He never imagined a life without her, and the very thought of it sent a shiver down his spine. But fate is rarely kind, and it often has plans that are beyond the understanding of mere mortals.

One fateful day, Shivansh woke up to find Ruhi gone. She had vanished without a trace, leaving behind only memories and the faint scent of her favorite perfume. The void she left in his life was unbearable, a chasm that no amount of time could heal. He vowed to find her, to bring her back, no matter the cost. "I can't live without her," he would whisper to the empty walls. "She is the reason I am living."

Ruhi, on the other hand, had her own reasons. Her love for Shivansh had always been overwhelming, consuming, and intense. It was the kind of love that frightened her, made her feel vulnerable. She had always believed that sometimes, we lose people because we overlove them. It wasn't that she didn't love him; she loved him too much. The fear of losing him to circumstances beyond their control had driven her away. The thought of being the reason for his pain was unbearable. "It's better to keep a distance from him," she had convinced herself. "I can't take the risk to lose him again by going near him."

And so, they lived in the shadows of their love, separated by fate's cruel hand. Shivansh, driven by his unyielding determination to find her, and Ruhi, hidden by her fear of losing him again. Two souls, bound by love yet torn apart, waiting for the day fate would be merciful and bring them back together.