8. A NEW BEGINNING

---

The warmth of the Mumbai sun filtered through the café's windows as Ruhi and Shivansh sat across from each other, sipping on their coffees. The air between them felt lighter now, less weighed down by the uncertainties that had once plagued their relationship. After the emotionally charged days they had spent reconnecting, this moment felt refreshing-a break from the intensity, and a return to the simplicity they once shared.

Shivansh watched her, the sunlight catching in her hair, making her look almost ethereal. He couldn't help but smile. "You know, Firefly," he said, leaning back in his chair, "you're like Wi-Fi."

Ruhi raised an eyebrow, setting her cup down. "Wi-Fi? Really, Shivu? That's what you've got for me today? And why's that?"

Shivansh's grin widened as he leaned forward, a playful gleam in his eyes. "Because even when I don't see you, I still feel your connection."

Ruhi blinked at him for a moment, trying to hold back the laughter bubbling up inside her. "Wow, smooth. Did you think of that all by yourself, or did you Google it?"

He chuckled, the sound warm and familiar. "All me, babe. I'm full of surprises."

Ruhi rolled her eyes, but couldn't suppress her smile. "Well, since we're on the subject of random metaphors, you're like my phone charger."

Shivansh's brows furrowed in mock confusion. "Oh? And how's that?"

Ruhi leaned in slightly, her voice dropping to a teasing whisper. "Because without you, I'm only at 10%."

Shivansh pretended to be taken aback, dramatically placing a hand over his heart. "So, I'm essential to your survival, huh?"

Ruhi giggled, nudging his leg under the table. "Don't let it go to your head, Shivu."

He grinned, leaning closer. "Guess that means I'll have to stay plugged into your life."

Ruhi laughed, shaking her head. "Just don't overcharge me."

Shivansh's smirk was mischievous. "Full battery only, Firefly."

Ruhi gave him a playful shove, but the laughter in her eyes said everything. This was them-the teasing, the playful banter, the effortless way they fit together like two pieces of a puzzle. It was in these small moments that Ruhi felt the depth of their connection the most, and as they sat there, surrounded by the quiet hum of the café, she knew they were finally stepping into something new. Something better.

The weight of the past had not completely disappeared, but in moments like this, it didn't matter. They had weathered the storm, and now they were finding their way back to each other-one teasing comment at a time.

---
Do like and comment cupcakes

---Do like and comment cupcakes