Finding Family Pt 1

Rosella ship

Dior GoodJohn as Sage

Amber Stevens West as Laila St. James Denali

Rosalie's POV:

I pull away from a cougar and picked it up then sped towards a cave where I left it before speeding towards the others.

I find them walking back towards the house. "Where's Edward?" Alice asks with her eyebrows furrowed and I shrug.

I slip my hand in Bella's, "don't know. Still hunting prob-." I get cut off by the boy we're talking about.

"Carlisle, can you come here? There's this abnormal panther that I stumbled upon. I want you to see it. This thing is huge," he says the second he saw all of us.

  What's he on about? An abnormal panther? "Lead the way, Edward," Carlisle says gesturing with his hand towards the forest.

They sped off leaving us behind. "I want to go see. Come on, Rose," Bella excitedly says pulling on my hand and I groan quietly but follow after them with the others behind us.

   We get to a bit of a clearing where a huge black panther lays dead well sorta dead. I can hear the small thump of its heartbeat.  It's big like those shifters on the Res. "What happened to it?" Esme softly asks as Carlisle looks it over.

   "It has a few wounds on it. Like bullets from the looks of it. Poisoned as well. Probably poachers," Carlisle sadly says as he moves its big paw.

A small rustle caught our attention and to our surprise a small cub jumps out of a bush with a small roar.

   "That's probably it's cub," Alice states in a sad tone. We watch as it hisses at Edward and Carlisle who back away.

   It moves towards the dying one and nudges it's head against the bigger one's with a whimper. Oh no. Cracking noises rings out and our eyes widen when the bigger one changes into a biracial boy. Looks to be about 19 or so.

  So it's a panther shifter. He pants heavily and his eyes drift over all of us before settling on the small cub who jumps onto his chest.

   "T-take care o-of her. I l-love you, S-Sage," he strains out and lifts his hand to touch the baby cub but I hear his heart give a stutter before it falls silent.

He never made it to the cub and he sags onto the grass. "Does that mean the cub is a shifter too?" Jasper asks softly and I tilt my head a bit.

   It's just a baby then. I step closer cautiously and it lifts its head to stare at me. Emerald green eyes connect to mine and I feel a certain shift inside.

The need to protect this little cub and care for it, hits me like a punch to the gut. "Careful, Rosalie," Carlisle warns me softly but I ignore him and take a seat next to it.

   I hold my hand out carefully, "it's alright, little one. No one's gonna hurt you." It begins to shrink and change into a dirty little girl that has a cloth covering her personal bits. Kinda like Tarzan.

Her hair is curly and she looks barely 4. "Broder, gone," she says with a whimper making my undead heart break at that. I scoot closer and move my hand closer to her.

She cautiously slid her small hand on mine. It's really warm probably from being a shifter. Once it's in mine, she lunges at me.

I grunt slightly from the unexpected movement and wave off the others when they become alarmed. "Broder, gone!" She cries out into my chest and I swallow slightly.

I carefully wrap my arms around her and rub her back. "Let it out, little one. Shh everything's gonna be okay," I softly coo at her as she sobs into my chest.