22• Cracks in the Foundation

Authors pov

The tension in the room was palpable, as Jin gathered everyone in the living room. He being the eldest among them had called for this meeting, hoping to mend the rift that was tearing them apart. Jin knew they needed each other now more than ever, especially in this godforsaken mansion.

Jin cleared his throat, looking at each of them before finally settling his gaze on Jimin. "Jimin, I need you to explain what happened between you and Taehyung that day. We all need to understand."

Jimin looked up from his lap, his eyes filled with unshed tears. Ever since that night, and since Tae had broken up with him, he hadn’t slept peacefully. His hands trembled as he met Jin’s steady gaze. Jin urged him on with a slight nod, and Hoseok gave Jimin a reassuring caress on his back. Jimin took a deep breath, trying to steady his emotions.

"I... I saw an alcoholic wine in one of the drawers in the kitchen," Jimin began, his voice shaky. "I couldn’t resist. I’ve missed alcohol ever since we got trapped here. When I saw it, I got lost in it." He sniffled, wiping his nose. "Then Taehyung came. We shared the bottle, made small talk, but... I can’t remember much after that. I just remember being on him... while we did it."

His voice broke as he finished, his lips trembling. "I was drunk. I would never have cheated on purpose. I swear."

Jin nodded, his expression softening as Hoseok shushed Jimin, who was crying silently now.

Jin then turned to Taehyung, who was sitting away from the group, staring into the distance. Jin cleared his throat, drawing Taehyung’s attention. "Taehyung, were you sober when you and Jimin slept together?"

Taehyung hesitated before nodding. "Alcohol doesn’t really intoxicate me that much," he admitted, his hands clenching into fists.

Jin sighed deeply. "What you did was wrong, Taehyung."

Taehyung lowered his head. "I know. It was... just in the heat of the moment."

Suddenly, Tae shot up from the couch, his face twisted in anger. "The heat of the moment?! You fucked my boyfriend!"

Jimin stood up quickly, panic in his eyes. "Please, calm down, Tae!"

But Taehyung scoffed, his gaze shifting to Jungkook. "Tell me, Jungkook, did you get any sleep last night?"

Jungkook’s eyes widened, and he looked from Taehyung to Tae, who was equally shocked. "Don’t you dare, Taehyung!" Tae warned, his voice laced with fury.

Jimin was completely lost now, his confusion only growing. "What’s going on? What does he mean, Tae?"

Taehyung chuckled bitterly, crossing his arms. "Your righteous boyfriend, Tae, slept with our little Kookie."

The room fell into a stunned silence. Jungkook felt a cold shiver run down his spine as all eyes turned to him. He wished the ground would open up and swallow him whole.

Tae rushed over to Taehyung, shoving him backward. "Shut the hell up, Taehyung!"

Jimin’s eyes darted between Tae and Jungkook, his mind racing to make sense of it all. "This... this can’t be real," he muttered, his voice cracking. He turned to Jungkook, desperate for answers. "Jungkook, is this true?"

Jungkook froze, his heart pounding in his chest. He looked at Jimin, tears welling up in his eyes, and before he could stop himself, he nodded. The guilt was too much to bear.

Jimin’s face twisted in rage, and he lunged at Jungkook, slapping him hard across the face. Jungkook stumbled back, but before he could recover, Jimin was on him, straddling him and raining down punches. "You slut! You whore! You disgusting little tramp!"

Jungkook tried to shield himself from the blows, but Jimin’s fury was relentless. The hyungs gasped and rushed to pull Jimin off, but the damage was done. Jungkook’s mind was spinning, dark memories from his past surfacing, memories he had buried deep.

Tae finally managed to drag Jimin off Jungkook, who was now a hyperventilating, crying mess. "I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I won’t do it again, I promise!" Jungkook pleaded, his voice shaking. He wasn’t even talking to Jimin anymore—it was as if he was speaking to someone else, someone who wasn’t there.

Jimin hissed, pushing Tae away from him. He pointed an accusatory finger at Jungkook. "When I slept with Taehyung, I was drunk! But you... you slept with my boyfriend sober! You were fucking sober, Jungkook!" Jimin cried, his voice breaking with pain and betrayal. "How could you do this to me? You’re so cheap, you’d open your legs for anyone, wouldn’t you? Even a ghost, that’s how low you are!"

Yoongi tried to step in, placing a calming hand on Jimin’s shoulder. "Jimin, please—"

"Don’t you dare talk to me!" Jimin snapped, glaring at Yoongi with venom in his eyes.

Then, without warning, Jimin turned on Tae, slapping him hard across the face. Tae’s head snapped to the side, his cheek stinging from the force of the blow.

"How could you do this to me?" Jimin screamed, tears streaming down his face. "How could you betray me like this?"

Tae rubbed his cheek, his expression pained. "Now you know how I feel," he muttered, his voice low.

But Jimin shook his head furiously. "I was drunk, Tae! I didn’t even know what I was doing! I thought I was with you! I called your name because I thought I was with you! Even drunk, I didn’t think I was cheating!"

Tae’s eyes softened with regret, but he didn’t have time to respond before Jimin continued, "And even if we had broken up, it was too quick for you to move on like that!"

Jungkook slowly got to his feet, his body trembling. He kept muttering, "I’m sorry... I won’t do it again..." His fingers dug into his bruised skin, and he looked disheveled, broken.

Namjoon reached out to comfort him, but Jungkook flinched away. "Please don’t hit me..."

Jimin turned around, his eyes narrowing. "Shut your disgusting mouth, Jungkook!" he yelled, his voice dripping with contempt. He marched toward Jungkook, who cowered in fear. "Did you give him a blowjob too? How did it feel, huh? Was it worth betraying your friends?"

Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut, turning his face to the side as he cried, "Please... don’t hit me... I’ll be a good boy... I won’t disobey daddy again..."

Jimin froze, his hand poised to strike, but something in Jungkook’s words stopped him. His anger was replaced with a deep concern as he looked at the pitiful state Jungkook was in. The others exchanged worried glances, their own anger fading as they realized something was terribly wrong.

Yoongi and Hoseok approached Jungkook cautiously. "Baby," Yoongi called softly, "What do you mean by that? You can tell us anything."

Hoseok cooed softly, his heart breaking at the sight of Jungkook’s tears. "It’s okay, Jungkook. You’re safe here."

Jungkook shook his head, trying to pull away, but Namjoon cornered him gently. "Kookie, we’re here for you. Please, tell us what you meant."

Jungkook, now somewhat back to his senses, wiped his tears with trembling hands. He glanced at Jimin, his expression filled with sorrow and guilt. "I’m sorry," he whispered. "I didn’t mean to hurt you... I didn’t mean to hurt any of you..."

He pushed past Namjoon, his steps unsteady as he walked away, leaving the others to watch him go in stunned silence.

Taehyung, who had been quiet until now, finally spoke up, his voice barely above a whisper. "Are you all thinking what I’m thinking?"

The others nodded, a heavy sense of dread settling over them. Something terrible had happened to Jungkook—something that wasn’t just about this moment. And it wasn’t good.

This was supposed to be a horror thriller story, how did it get to this point? The more I write the more I get ideas 🤔 I just hope my friend who requested it likes where it's going.