Violet and Velvet chap 11

FINDING INNER STRENGHT

The tension in the room only grew as the three of them continued to argue, each trying to assert their point.

Nagatsu's voice was rising as he faced off against Violet.

"You think you're so much better than us, huh?! Just because Callisto-sensei sent you-"

Violet cut him off with a smirk.

"Please, I don't think-I know. And if you weren't so busy whining, maybe you'd realize that"

Yuki, standing slightly apart from the others, noticed a familiar figure silently appearing behind them, it was Calisto. His eyes widened in alarm, and he tried to get their attention.

"Uhmm... Violet, Hanajiro, Nagatsu! Callisto-sensei is right behind you!"

Nagatsu, still heated from the argument, barely registered Yuki's words.

"What do you mean by that, huh?!"

Violet rolled his eyes, not bothering to turn around.

"Look at how dumb you are-you can't even understand a simple warning."

Hanajiro, sensing that things were escalating too far, tried to intervene.

"Uhmm, guys! Stop arguing already-"

But before she could finish, a calm but authoritative voice cut through the chaos.

"That's enough." All three of them froze, the color draining from their faces as they slowly turned to see Callisto standing behind them, his expression unreadable but his presence commanding. The room fell into an uneasy silence, the earlier tension now replaced by a palpable sense of dread.

"Violet... I told you to care for them while the nurses were at the HQ." Callisto said, his voice steady and calm. His expression was like before, cold and unreadable.

"I'm very sorry from the bottom of my heart, Calisto-sensei," Violet said, his tone was very formal.

Yuki's thoughts churned with frustration as he watched Violet's sudden shift in demeanor.

"I can't understand this boy's logic. Earlier, he was so impolite, and now he's acting all formal towards Callisto-sensei."

Violet, standing at attention now, showed none of the arrogance or sarcasm he had just moments before. His posture was rigid, and his expression respectful-a stark contrast to the smug attitude he had displayed during their argument.

As Callisto's gaze swept over the group, Yuki couldn't help but wonder about Violet's sudden change. It was like the boy had two different sides, one reserved for them and another for Callisto. But there was no time to dwell on it now.

//Violet and Velvet//

Violet, despite his age, was a formidable figure in their world. An instrumental weapon user, he was an expert in utilizing instruments to manipulate, kill, or even transport. His skills were unique, and they made him an invaluable asset. But Yuki knew there was more to Violet than just his abilities. He had a sister, Velvet, a straw doll user, equally skilled in her own right. At just 14 years old, the twins had been recruited from Cluster 2 to Special Cluster 1.

The tension between them was abruptly broken as Callisto spoke in a serious tone. "I have a very important news for you three," he said. His words immediately caught their attention. Yuki, Nagatsu, and Hanajiro exchanged nervous glances as they focused on Callisto.

"Tomorrow, your rehabilitation training will start. Remai and Koyurozu will guide you." The three of them stiffened at the mention of those names. Remai Rukoshi was known for cautious and powerful training, while Koyurozu Urahiba was known for ruthless training methods for Aerokinesis.