Chapter 11: Abducted

When I awoke, it felt as if only moments had passed, though the dull ache in my body suggested otherwise. My vision swam into focus, and I realized I was no longer in the field. Instead, I was in a sterile room, unfamiliar and unsettling.

I tried to move, but my wrists were bound by cold, unyielding bracers. Panic surged through me as I tugged at them, only to find them immovable. They seemed to pulse with a strange energy, neutralizing any attempt to use my abilities.

The door to the room slid open, and Xilon stepped inside. His eyes flicked over me, assessing, before he approached with measured steps.

"Where am I?" I demanded, my voice hoarse. "What do you want from me?"

Xilon ignored my question, instead examining the bracers on my wrists. "Pure Elrandium," he said, almost to himself. "Very effective against your abilities."

I glared at him, frustration and fear warring within me. "Let me go!"

Xilon looked up, his expression impassive. "You're in no position to make demands, 13. You will follow me, now."

With a wave of his hand, the door behind him opened wider, revealing a corridor bathed in an eerie, dim light. He gestured for me to follow. With no other options, I rose from the bed, my movements slow and stiff. The bracers weighed heavily on my wrists, a constant reminder of my captivity.

Xilon led me down the corridor, past doors that slide open and shut silently. I had no idea where we were, but the metallic walls and cold, sterile air gave the impression of some advanced facility. We eventually reached a large chamber, and as the door opened, I was met with a sight that took my breath away.

Inside the chamber stood eleven figures, each one unique and distinctly different from the others. They turned as we entered, their eyes fixed on me with a mixture of curiosity and disdain. They were unlike anything I had seen before, an assembly of beings that defied simple classification.

One of them, a tall, lithe figure with gleaming, insectoid eyes, spoke first. "Is she the one, 12? Is she... 13?"

Xilon inclined his head. "Yes, 5. She is 13."

Confusion swirled within me. 13? What did that even mean? The room fell silent, tension hanging thick in the air. Before I could demand answers, a new presence filled the chamber. A figure, immense and imposing, entered with a thunderous step that resonated through the floor.

The other eleven figures, including Xilon, immediately knelt and bowed their heads. I stood frozen, my eyes locked on the newcomer. He towered above the rest, his form radiating a raw, palpable power that seemed to crush the very air around him.

"12," he rumbled, his voice a deep, resonant growl. "You have done well."

Xilon, or 12 as he was now called, kept his gaze lowered. "Thank you, High General Korixso."

Korixso's eyes, a piercing, otherworldly blue, settled on me. He studied me for a long, unnerving moment before speaking again. "So, you are 13. The one who has caused so much trouble."

I swallowed hard, meeting his gaze with as much defiance as I could muster. "I don't know what you're talking about."

A chilling smile curved Korixso's lips. "You will soon enough."

Before I could respond, he lifted his hand and issued a command that echoed through the chamber, a single, authoritative word that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Kneel."

I fell to my knees, the weight of Korixso's command impossible to resist. His gaze bore into me, a tangible pressure that seemed to crush my will. The others remained bowed, their deference to him absolute. I gritted my teeth, trying to fight the fear that gnawed at me.