Permanent Member

Dino’s hand trembled slightly as he held the letter, his mind racing. The cheerful atmosphere around him seemed to blur as the gravity of the situation began to sink in. He looked up at the others, who were still laughing and unaware of the sudden change in his demeanor. He didn't want to ruin their moods, but the shock and confusion were hard to shake off. His eyes darted toward the kitchen, where Miu was happily chatting with Mingyu as they prepared snacks together, completely oblivious to the storm brewing in Dino's mind.

Taking a deep breath, Dino discreetly folded the paper and slipped it into his jacket, deciding to keep the information to himself for now. He couldn't bring himself to disrupt the joyful moment, especially seeing Miu so at ease after everything she had been through.

When Miu and Mingyu returned with the snacks, everyone gathered around to eat and chat. The room was filled with laughter and light-hearted banter, but Dino's thoughts were elsewhere. He forced himself to smile and join in the conversation, but the weight of the letter lingered heavily on his mind. How was he supposed to bring this up? What did it mean for Miu? Does it mean she's leaving the group ?

Despite his efforts to appear normal, Dino found himself zoning out repeatedly, lost in his thoughts. He kept glancing at Miu, who was unaware of the potential upheaval that could be heading her way.

Eventually, as the evening wore on, the group decided it was time to head back to their apartments. They said their goodbyes, and the atmosphere was still light, with no one noticing Dino's inner turmoil. Once everyone left, Seungcheol and Miu spent the rest of the evening together, enjoying each other's company and finding comfort in their shared moments. For now, the piece of paper remained forgotten, tucked away in Dino's jacket, but the looming questions it raised were far from resolved.

--------

After a week During the Weverse live, the members of Seventeen were relaxed and excited to reconnect with Carats, sharing updates about their comeback and answering fans' questions. The mood was light, filled with laughter as each member took turns responding to the comments flooding in. Miu, who had been sitting beside Seungcheol, was enjoying the interaction as well, despite the nagging feeling that something was off with Dino. She had noticed his unusual behavior over the past week, but with their busy schedules, she hadn’t found the right moment to address it.

As the comments continued to roll in, Seungkwan suddenly perked up, reading one aloud with a mischievous grin. "A Carat asked, ‘Why are the 99 liners sitting far away today? Dino-yah, don’t you want to sit with Miu?’”

Laughter erupted around the room as the members teased Dino, but Seungkwan turned to him, asking with a playful tone, "So, what do you want to say, Dino?"

Dino, who had been unusually quiet, finally responded, but his tone was sharper than usual. “Ani... I don’t want to sit with her.”

The room fell silent, the smiles fading from everyone’s faces as they registered his unexpected response. The atmosphere shifted instantly, with the fans in the chat quickly picking up on the tension. Comments flooded in, asking if they had fought or if Dino was upset with Miu.

Seungkwan, sensing the unease, quickly tried to lighten the mood. He let out a forced laugh and joked, "Ah, uri maknae is just sulky today! Since Miu said she loves me more," he trailed off, coming up with a exaggerated reason to steer the conversation back to a lighter tone.

The members laughed, trying to follow Seungkwan’s lead, but the laughter felt hollow. Dino remained silent, his expression distant, while Miu couldn’t shake the heaviness in her chest.

After finishing the live, the members of Seventeen made their way back to the waiting room, where they had a meeting scheduled. The atmosphere was a mix of post-live energy and anticipation for the meeting, but there was a noticeable tension between Dino and Miu.