part seven - Taylor

I coughed almost violently after I placed my phone down. Yes, it's my fault i wore a dress in December and got sick. In my defense it wasn't even that cold outside. I had worn a cardigan over top of the dress, but i guess the cold air had gotten to me. Now I was stuck inside with the most annoying cold.

"Hi baby! Oh you are so cute!" i crooned as my son, Benjamin, climbed in to my lap. I stroked his soft fur mindlessly while i drifted in and out of sleep. Whenever I was sick, I got really tired, but I couldn't fall asleep yet. Not until–
knock, knock

"Sorry Benji"

I got up to go answer the door, Benjamin jumping off the couch and following me as a result. Skipping to the door and smiling to myself, I unlocked and pulled the door open. I looked at the man looking slightly down at me. My face instantly grew pale when I realized.

"Taylor." The man said to me, his tone slightly demanding

"Joe..? I- what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk." He said, pushing into my apartment

"Stop, Joe you cant just invite yourself to my house!"

Playing deaf, he walked past me and down the small hallway leading to my kitchen and living room. I followed him, silently praying to god that he, or I, would have a stroke right here and die.

"You need to leave, right now. Im calling the police!" I told him, searching for my phone but suddenly aware of the fact that it was not in my pocket anymore.

"Listen Taylor," Joe said, holding up my phone. "I came here to get you back. I miss you. And i guess I did some bad things and yeah, im sorry and all but I know you still love me." He said, his voice deep and slightly angry or irritated, sending shivers all over my body.

"Joe I–" I swallowed "I respect the fact that you came all this way but I'm– I'm sorry Joe. I cant take you back. Not after everything you put me through."

Joe's eyes narrowed and darkened ever so slightly.

"Besides, Im seeing someone else."

"No you're not."

"What?"

"No. You are not seeing someone. Thats cheating, you're not a cheater!" He cursed

"Joe, we broke up seven months ago. You cheated on me."

"Don't fucking say that Taylor." He yelled at me. Suddenly he grabbed a mug that was sitting on the coffee table and threw it at the wall behind the me. I flinched as It shattered. The leftover tea in the mug splattered all over the room. Then he got up and started coming towards me.

"Stop, please You're really scaring me Joe." I sobbed, backing away from him. "Im sorry, I cant take you back! I've found someone else and I–"

"I don't give shit, You're supposed to be mine." He raised his hand and it came down on my cheek, hard. "What the fuck is wrong with you Taylor! You know what, I don't even want a filthy whore like you. You're useless."

I ran out of space and backed into the wall. Joe had me cornered now. He shoved me against the wall hard and forced my throat back with his hand.

"You– You're hurting me!" I managed to cough out

"Shut up." He growled, tightening his grip around my neck.

I could feel myself getting more lightheaded, body parts getting lighter. And then, In the nick of time, Joe's hands were away from me and I slid down the wall as my vision blurred.

"Get the hell off her!" I made out from all the yelling. I couldn't move, I was too weak.

I heard grunting and yelling for a while before it all went black.

I guess I drifted in and out of consciousness, since I could hear some commotion here and there, but I could not move a limb if there was a billion dollars in front of me.

"You're crazy!" I could hear Joe, i think.

Then another voice, familiar.
"Get the hell out of here! The police are going to be after you."

Travis.

I was able to open my eyes slightly but couldn't make out the picture in front of me.

"Taylor, Oh my god. Taylor, come on, are you awake?"

I opened my mouth to respond but was unable to.

"God Taylor, Im so sorry." Travis said softly. I could feel him shaking silently as he pulled me into his arms.

A few minutes later, I suddenly snapped back into consciousness. Travis noticed, looking at me. I could feel my eyes watering as I felt him stroke my hair.

"Travis." I got out right before I started sobbing.

"I know, it's okay now angel. He's gone." Travis pulled me up and pulled me into his chest, holding me tightly.