Chapter 9

Treah lay there, no strength left. She didn't realize when the noise had stopped. "Why don't you fight? Why do you keep fighting and suppressing your beast?" A voice asked from the darkness  beyond. "Who are you?" She asked, voice hoarse and weak. Then came chuckling from a distance, and a figure walked out; towards the light. Her breath got caught in her throat. Impossible...
How could she not have recognised the voice?
"You.." Treah said, as she tried to get up. The creature smiled at her, and the memories of that night in the cave ten years ago. "Go back.. " the familiar voice urged her, " fighting your nature won't help you. You must learn to control it." She whispered.
"No.." Treah whispered, accepting her beast was the last thing she wanted to do. "It was your destiny my dear, now you must embrace it." The voice said again, as it slowly began to fade into the darkness once more.
"No.. no.. no.." she whispered,  "no," She finally yelled, jerking out of her slumber.
***
She sat up swiftly, startling poor Andrew from his sleep. He rushes to her side, "no." He heard her whisper.
"Treah," he called her name softly, but she was still panicking. "No," she whispered again, looking around like she just saw a ghost. "Treah," he called again, more softly but mildly firm; yet she was trembling.
"No." She said, barely a whisper as tears began to stream down her face. He called her once more, voice soft and patient as it had been, but this time he sits gently beside her. Placing a hand over her shoulder. Slowly, she turned to face him; her blue eyes were pale as they locked with his. She was.. afraid.
     She hugged him tight, and he stiffened. This has never happened before. What could have made her so scared to the bone like that?
Thoughtfully, he gently patted her head. She continued sobbing on his chest as she held tightly unto him.
---
Andrew had been watching her sleep from his chair. She had fallen asleep in his arms the other night, after that encounter. She just lay there, not moving. Her facial features relaxed. Treah lay facing upwards, her lips were pale; with a hand on her belly and the others laying straight beside her. She stirred, and slowly opened her eyes. She slowly sat, stretching before her eyes locked with his.
---
I had not seen light in... how long? I slowly opened my eyes, the light was blinding. Once I sat up steadily, I sighted him sitting opposite the bed. He.. was looking at me.
"Andrew...: I called, my voice hoarse. He blinked, and opened his mouth to speak but doesn't. As I made an attempt to get out of bed, he...
"I'm sorry," I go rigid, "for what?" I asked, getting the hint. Yes, I should have been angry at him for not telling me about his true identity. But still, I couldn't bring myself to, I was.. I couldn't bring myself to hate him. I just couldn't, no matter how hard I tried.
"For... everything." He answered simply, raising his head and looking into my eyes. "Indeed." I said, shaking off the heavy and uneasy feeling before getting out. I knew the truth now, he had lied to me. But still, it was for my good, and I couldn't hate him for that. No matter what.
My hair is unbound, my brown hair rough. I slowly walked to the mirror, "wearing old clothes?" I asked cringing at my current appearance. He nodded "You look terrible." He adds, and I narrow my eyes at his reflection, but he is unfazed by it.
"Says the one who save me, and couldn't bother to get me dressed." I said, giving him a glare that would have a lesser man running.
He smirked. "You could have been worse." He replies, I quirk my mouth to the side but don't say a word.
After some moments of silence, he finally breaks it. "What... happened?" He asked softly, and I stiffened.
----