Chapter 11

I woke up the next moment, and I realized it was the morning of the next day. I thought I had dreamt of it all. I sat upright, my head spinning and my back stiff. I could have sighed in relief, had I not seen a horrible sight.
     The vase, had been smashed, broken. The table stool flipped over, the chair flipped to the back, and the curtains pulled down.
"What.." I started, but didn't finish. When I saw a male figure curled up like a ball, back facing me and hair a mess.
"Andrew!" I called out to be certain, I wasn't hallucinating. The figure stiffened, but didn't turn to me.
I got out of bed, wearing my slippers. I stalked towards the figure careful of where I placed my feet. With my heart thundering in my chest, with faint hope that this was all a bad dream. That this figure wasn't him, it couldn't be Andrew. Could it?
       As I approach, my shadow towering over the figure. I felt and saw the figure flinch. I stretched my hand towards it, my hand rested on the figure's tense shoulders and then; it turned.
"Andrew?!" I yelled, gasping as I pulled back. "What have you done to yourself?" I asked, staring into hisred eyes.
***
    I stared at him in horror, the n suddenly looked out the window.
I stilled.
When I had collapsed, it was summer. And now, it's.. winter?
I darted my eyes between the window and Andrew. "How long jave I been unconscious?" I rasped, my heart beating wildly in my chest. He doesn't reply, he only turns away, so quickly that I only glimpsed a tear rolling down his cheeks.
    I understood, how scared he must have been. To see me not waking up. I knelt down next to him and placed a hand softly and gently on his shoulder. He didn't turn to me this time.
"Don't blame yourself." I whispered, "I... I don't know what happened." I add, tears swelling up in my eyes. "Stop crying, please. I don't like seeing you like this." I whispered, tears rolling down my eyes now. Why did it hurt so much I see him in pain?
Just then, he slowly turned to me, his eyes less red now. "I'm sorry." His voice is hoarse, I am forced to place a finger against his lips. He shut his eyes, tears rolling down. "Don't be." I whispered back, before engulfing him in a hug.
He hugged me back.
----
Andrew's POV
I was so scared, that I nearly thought I had completely lost it already. But when she awoke, she brought me back completely. Everything seemed right again. I savoured her warmth, as I shut my eyes tighter.
"Please never leave me again." I found myself saying inappropriate whisper. "I promise, I won't." I heard her reply, and I hugged her tighter. A small smile on my lips as I inhaled her scent completely.
***
3 DAYS LATER...
"How did it all happen?" Andrew asked, pacing back and forth on the terrace like a disturbed child. "I don't know." I replied, causing him to pause. "Where were you last? " He suddenly asked, facing me fully. "Your door step." I said simply, and his eyes widened at my words. "I got knocked out, right there." I whispered, the memories coming back.
     He walked towards me, squatting when he came close enough. "But I saved you, didn't I?" He asked, his voice soft. As he placed a palm on my cheek, I found myself staring deeply into his emerald green eyes. And that was the first time I ever saw, love for me in someone else's eyes. Then it hit me, the fact that he was the only one who loved me, and cared for me.
And so, with all those thoughts in my mind, I let myself smile. "I know." I whispered. He leaned in a little and kissed and kissed my forehead. "I'll always be with you." He said in a whisper, his head leaning against mine. "As long as I have you by my side, who can harm me?" I asked, my eyes shut as his hands caress my cheek again.
"No one." He said, and I opened my eyes. Carefully to meet his gaze.
"I trust you."  I whispered back, as he leaned in before pecking me on the cheek. Then he hugged me, and I hugged him back.
I knew that with him, I was confident we would face anyone who tried to harm us both, together. And succeed.
I hoped, I could protect him.
---

TO BE CONTINUED...