Chapter 3

She felt like her life was always a mistake. Last night, she had a nightmare. A terrible one, in it; she would always run. And every time she ran, the same set of words sang into her ears again and again.

"You shall take revenge for your pain! And you shall destroy all! Your name shall be TREAH!"

And each time this short speech has been recited, she would suddenly stop. Her eyes would begin to glow red, and before she realizes... she turns into a vicious monster!
"Treah?" A voice called from the door step, snapping Treah out of her trance. Only to lock eyes with a pair of emerald green ones, which were narrowed at her in concern.
She sighed.
---
"You're not out of bed?" He asked, she only shakes her head as he walks towards her bed. Looking down at her.
"Are...are you alright?" He asked, she snorts.
"Oh please," She said getting out of bed and walking towards him. She had worn a shirt and trousers to sleep for the night. She stops an arm length away before leaning in, "Why are you so surprised? We've known each other since childhood." Is all she says, turning around to walk away; he stops her by grabbing her arm.
"You haven't answered the question." He said.
"I'm fine." She says, not turning around. She yanks her hand from his grip and goes into the bathroom.
He watches her leave, sighing he finally walks out her room.
***
She slowly walked down the passage way, then the hallway. Finally, she found herself in the training field.
In the centre of the field, there he was waiting for her.
She walks towards the wooden stand, beside the entrance. She takes a sword , turning around then walking in his direction. She halted, an arms length away. He was looking at her with those emerald eyes of his.
Calculating.
"Are you ready?" Was all he asked.
She takes in a deep breath and nods. She positions herself and so does he. Then a voice, a little distant cries: "let the practice begin!" It was the coach.
Then, there was the sound of clashing blades.
---
Treah didn't know what happened to her at some point. Yes, she had dodged every one of his attacks; but something was off. She moved around him smoothly. Soon, he fell on his knees. Trying to get up but fails, Treah had no control over her own body anymore.
She had lost it.
She cut his arm causing him to hiss in pain. She had raised her hand to cut him again, but then her name vibrates through the empty space.
"Treah!" A voice yelled, she paused snapping out of whatever that was all while heaving heavily.
She freezes in position, slowly lowered her sword.
"That's enough!" The voice yelled yet again. She turns around slowly, only to see a man approaching. It was the coach.
What was she about to do?
----