Chapter - 8 ~ Zoning Out

Red's POV: 

It's been a week since I've met Chloe's parents, I have to take Chloe to meet mom tomorrow. I sighed as my mind raced, running laps around my head. That is, until Chloe snapped me out of my little trance. "RED!" Chloe seemed angry. "Y-yes?" Chloe sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I asked you a question, Red." Chloe was pissed right now and she seemed like she was reaching her limit. 

Damn it, I wasn't paying attention... again. "Red, What. Do. You. Want. For. Dinner!!?" Chloe snapped at me. That was the question? Simple! "I dunno, you choose?" Chloe sighed frustrated and crossed her arms. "Why aren't you listening?" "What do you mean? I answered the question!" Chloe's upset for nothing! "No, every time I talk to you, you zone out as if you're mind is in another world!" Ugh... "Chloe, I didn't mean to upset you it's just..." Chloe looked confused and upset. "Red... I just... I just can't with you right now." 

"What?" Chloe walked to her bed. "You heard me this time Red. I'm done speaking with you tonight." Chloe laid down and turned her back to me as she settled in bed. What? What happened?! Oh fuck, shoot shoot shoot! "Chloe?" No reply. "Chloe Charming?" She stayed silent... "Charming?" Same reaction, nothing. "Princess?" She tensed. She's not asleep but... She's... ignoring me? We hadn't done this since school ended... Shit! "Princess? Please!" 

Chloe just grumbled and sat up. She looked me dead in the eye, almost as if I were staring into a deep pool of death and anger. "Please come back over here?" She rolled her eyes and laid back down. No. There is no way that we are going back to her openly ignoring me! Not this time and not ever again! I stood up and walked over to her bed. I laid down with her but she scooted away. "Chloe..." She stood and picked me up, caring me to my bed. She placed me down gently and walked back over to her bed. 

Really? 'I guess that even when you're mad at me, you can still be my princess charming...' She looked at me blushing. She opened her mouth to speak but she seemed dumbfounded. Oh crap! She could tell the realization hit me. "I said that out loud again, huh?" She nodded. I quickly became silent as she sighed, staring at me. "Red." Her voice was cold and deep. It was honestly terrifying. I looked at her and nodded. She signaled for me to go over to her, so I did. She sighed and muttered something.

"Princess. If you are gonna say something, Make it audible?" That made her groan. She took a deep breath and started again, "Red I'm sorry. You got on my nerves and it made me snap. I'll check my tone in the future and keep my cool." "Chloe... no. I'm... sorry... for zoning out so much. You're not the one to be apologizing. You had the right to snap. I'm the one whos sorry." Chloe smiled. "Come on Red, You still have to take me to your mom's tomorrow and we need rest." "Of course you're right, Princess~" 

I got in bed with Chloe and laid my head on her chest. She softly hummed and played with my hair, making me drowsy. I noticed her getting sleepy too. She yawned and kissed my forehead, falling asleep. I relaxed my body and melted into her touch. She held me tightly to her, as if I were dead. Who knew she was so clingy in her sleep? I didn't even figure that out until know... hm. I shrugged it off and yawned. Drifting off to the sound of her heart beat.