Chapter ten: Problem

𝐏𝐡𝐮𝐰𝐢𝐧: So what are you going to do?

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Exactly, I'll do your idea. So I'm going to start working tomorrow!

Pond said and opened his phone to text the business group about the new schedule. Phuwin didn't know what to reply so he just went with the flow.

Phuwin sat quietly in his dimly lit living room, the soft hum of the refrigerator the only sound breaking the stillness. He stared at the clock on the wall, watching the minutes tick by slowly. It was already past nine, and Pond still wasn't home.

Phuwin's thoughts drifted to the mornings when Pond would leave for work. The hurried goodbyes and the way Pond's eyes would light up with determination always left a pang of longing in Phuwin's heart. He would sit by the window, watching Pond's car disappear down the street, feeling a hollow ache settle in his chest.

Each evening, the silence of the house felt heavier. Phuwin would busy himself with chores, trying to keep his mind occupied, but his thoughts always circled back to Pond. The moments they shared, even the briefest conversations, replayed endlessly in his mind. He missed the way Pond laughed, the way his eyes crinkled at the corners, and the comforting presence he brought into the room.

Phuwin had never told Pond how he felt. The fear of ruining their friendship, the uncertainty of Pond's feelings, kept him silent. But every night, as he sat alone in the darkened house, the longing grew stronger. He wished for the courage to speak his heart, to tell Pond how much he missed him, not just because he was away, but because he was everything Phuwin secretly desired.

The door creaked open, and Phuwin's heart leapt. Pond stepped into the hallway, his tired eyes meeting Phuwin's. For a moment, the world felt right again. Phuwin smiled, hiding the depth of his emotions behind a simple greeting, but inside, his heart whispered the words he couldn't bring himself to say aloud.

𝐏𝐡𝐮𝐰𝐢𝐧: So how w-

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Can you please shut the fuck up? Can't you see that I'm tired? And why isn't the house tidied up? If there's maids, you didn't have the strength to grab a broom and sweep? Go away.

He said harshly towards Phuwin. It was clear Phuwin didn't like being responded in words and tone of voice like that. Phuwin stepped back from him and ran up the stairs, wiping his fast tears which ran down his cheeks. Pond looked at Phuwin weirdly as he ran yo the stairs.

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Huh, weird.

Pond went into his office and slammed the door. Meanwhile, Phuwin was crying silently in his bedroom. Tears constantly flowing down his cheeks, sliding down to his shirt which stained tears.

It was clear Phuwin's heart is broken. His mind thinking back about the things he said that made him like this. His hands trembling while covering his face full of tears. Phuwin wiped away all his tears and took a long, relaxing shower to ease his mind.

He got dressed after showering, laying on his messy bed. Phuwin cried himself to sleep.

The next morning,

Phuwin woke up early as usual, glancing at Pond who was running around the house. He hurriedly got ready. Before leaving, Pond said something that made Phuwin think about it the whole day.

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Phuwin, I'm sorry I was too harsh on you yesterday.. I was just tired for the past days. I'll make it up to you

He said in a hurry and left the house. Phuwin didn't even have time to respond to him.

𝑃𝑜𝑛𝑑'𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒...

𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭: Mr. Pond, a business has found our company. They admired our works and dedication. The president of the company suggested to have a meeting today at 5pm.

Pond's assistant said to him. Pond was already drowned in paper works but he still agreed.

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Oh yes, please order some food to my house.

𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭: Certainly sir, what should I order?

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Buttermilk chicken and spaghetti Bolognese, thank you

𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭: Will do, please excuse me.

The assistant left his office. Pond continued to do his paper work.

4:30,

Pond was waiting for the president at the meeting room. Shortly after, the president, his two assistants, and many bodyguards arrived.

Pond kept a straight face to show his maturity and confidence.

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: Ah, you must be the CEO of this very company

𝐌𝐫. 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Yes, please take a seat and we'll talk right to the point.

The president took a seat not too far and not too close to Pond. He took out some files.

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: I was interested in your company with the unique designs and the boldness of the product.

𝐌𝐫. 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Thank you very much, I'm very flattered. My company actually needs a partner do our company can go back to our original spot.

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: Perfect! We'll start with...

The president talked a lot about the partnership and contract. Pond just said what he thought and listend to him

They soon ended the discussion. Pond signed the contract and so did the president. Before leaving the president said something that left Pond shocked.

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: Oh yes, are you interested in dating?

𝐌𝐫. 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Uh.. Sure I guess. I'm not in a relationship right now.

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: Really? A handsome face like that and a bold personality, doesn't have a girlfriend?

𝐌𝐫. 𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Well I actually like b-

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: Are you interested in dating my daughter? She is currently looking for someone and your her perfect match!

Pond was left in shock as the president said that. He was stunned and didn't know what to say

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭: I'll arrange a date for you two, alrighty. I'll take my leave.

Pond didn't even have time to respond or give his opinion to him. He was forced to do what the president said.

Pond came home late again. Tired, no energy. He wanted to greet Phuwin, but he wasn't there. Huh, weird. Pond asked a maid there where Phuwin had gone.

𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐝: Nong Phuwin? He went to live back in his house. I don't know when will he go back home, but he said it's only a few days or so.

Pond was heartbroken hearing that maid said that. He didn't know what to do now. He layed on his silky smooth bed sheets, rethinking what he had done to make Phuwin go back.

𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐝: Does he hate me.?

Author's note: Sorry if this chapter's too short🥲