CHAPTER EIGHT

TW : VOMIT / EMETOPHOBIA

1 year later

Marjorie and Autumn had been waiting for this moment for ages, and it was finally happening. The nurses had been trying to get it right for ages with Marjorie's eggs, but they just couldn't, so they switched to Autumn, and it worked the first time. They were in the hospital, and Autumn was about to get the final IVF injection, meaning she could hopefully get pregnant.

"Autumn Knight?" said one of the nurses as she poked her head round the door. Autumn stood up and walked towards the door.

"Is it okay if my girlfriend comes in with me?"

"Of course."

Autumn turned back and smiled at Marjorie, nodding for her to go over. She stood up from the waiting room chair and made her way into the room with Autumn.

"So we have Autumn Knight and Marjorie Van Gould here with us. Is that correct?"

"Yes." Marjorie replied.

"Great, and which one of you will be getting the injection?"

"Oh, yes, that would be me." Autumn stated.

"Okay! If you could just lay on the bed and lift your top and we can get started!"

Timeskip ~ 45 minutes later ~

"Okay, you're all done! Here's a list of side effects and what not to do, and I wish you both the best of luck!"

Marjorie and Autumn walked out of the hospital and headed to the car, Marjorie hopping into the drivers seat. They made their way home, almost hitting a pigeon that flew in front of the car, and pulled up on the driveway. Autumn pulled her keys out of her pocket and unlocked the door, walking in to find their two cats waiting for them at the door.

"Hello girls!" Autumn said excitedly as she knelt down and cuddled a small black cat, Marjorie going down next to her and picking up the orange one. When they first got the kittens, they thought it would be cute to get them in colours that matched the couples energy, so of course, an orange cat for Marjorie and a black cat for Aut. Marjorie headed over to their food bowls, the names 'Bellatrix' and 'Pumpkin' engraved into the wooden stand that held them. She lifted the bag of food and poured it into the bowls while Autumn laid on the sofa, turning on the TV. The sound of the news blared out from the speakers, startling the cats.

"I'll make us some dinner, my love, how does steak and chips sound?"

"Marjorie, are you sure you want to cook? You can't even make toast without burning it."

"No harm in trying!"

Marjorie turned on the stove and put the hot plate over the top, brushing a small dollop of oil across the surface. She placed the steaks down, and the sound of sizzling filled the room. Autumn became concerned when she heard a lot of swearing coming from the kitchen.

"OW shit a brick."

"Fuck my life oh my god."

"AAH SHITE!"