Day 3: Funny

Magistrate Astarion - Tomatoes

At the time Astarion looked forward to a future brimming with respect, wealth and pleasure in every way. Sitting on the terrace of a fine restaurant, he was tasting what was to be his meal for the day with a good wine and the prospect of an entertaining evening at the courthouse.

However, he had not counted on one detail: In his desire to enjoy the cheff's recommendation, he had completely ignored the danger of eating tomato sauce in almost all-white attire. Specifically on his torso and arms. And when she went to the sink to touch up, the stain grabbed her center of attention.

—WHAT IN THE SWEET HELLS...?! —He tried to wash the speck on the pucker of his neck scarf with water, but it only made it worse. He massaged the bridge of his nose in disbelief as he paced the empty room. Astarion couldn't present himself like this in public, he didn't have any refills and he found it humiliating to have to ask any waiter for help.

So Astarion did something he was also good at, a family heirloom he still had: creativity in fashion. Taking advantage of the fact that no one was around, he summoned a small ignis with which he burned the edge of his scarf and cuffs.

And with a haughty smile, the burnt effect was the latest fashion sensation in baldurian high society.

🦇🦇🦇

The Magistrate Spawn - Wardrobe malfunction: Somebody mixed the wishes with the colored again.

Yenna had many virtues, gods bless that girl, but domestic magic was still not her forte, and she had proved it with one of his shirts; among other light-coloured garments he cared a little less about.

After spending a long and rewarding, but no less arduous, time in the Underdark to guide his siblings and the new spawn, both Astarion and Tav needed to return to the surface. Especially Tav, whose health was beginning to suffer from no longer spending gold on sunlight scrolls to buy vitamins. Besides, Astarion needed a life of his own again. His blood-drinkers chicks had learned quickly and some had left the new undead city. The Gur children had returned to their parents, some returned to their remaining families, and some simply wanted to go off to make their own destiny.

His six brothers and sisters would be able to provide for them. He himself would go there from time to time, but the upper city of Baldur's Gate was his next goal, and he had it at last:

A good house.

His old position as a magistrate, now untainted by corruption.

A family with the love of his life and the child they had taken in together. One more victim of The Absolute who had been recovering with ShadowHeart on his farm.

—I'm sorry, Mr. Astarion— The girl stammered. She was grateful they weren't at the point of calling each other daddy-daughter, but the "mister" irritated him because it meant she was scared, and Astarion didn't want a child to be scared of him never again. — I-I wanted to get this ready for the trial you have t-t-todat and I-I wanted to make it quick with one of the spells that t-t-guy Gale taught me, but....

—But instead of my white shirt being spotless, dry and ironed, it's now a rainbow —Astarion finished for her. Letting out a sigh, he went to the screen and exchanged his sleeping clothes for his work clothes: In shades of brown were a suit jacket and a pair of trousers in the baldurian fashion, with black lining on the inner thighs. Both waistcoat and shoes were finished in gold, and the shirt, white or beige depending on the day, now sported an explosion of colours that, while very light in an attempt to make them disappear, were still detectable.

—I like it—' Tav said after a few seconds. They approached it by candlelight and examined it closely —No, seriously, it looks holographic. It looks... it looks good.

Once again, Astarion was in vogue for his daring, but accurate, style of dress. And he gave credit where credit was due to the owner.

🦇🦇🦇

The Ascended Magistrate - Tomatoes

By now, no one could doubt that Astarion was the ascendant vampire, the first of his kind (publicly known). Everything about him indicated it: from his clothes to the fangs he didn't bother to disguise. And if he had to use his gifts of the night to defend what was his, he would not hesitate.

He found himself strolling in the city's full light, making his presence felt at one of the city's celebrations, which, while it seemed vulgar, was too popular not to be seen a little.

As soon as he felt the slap on his back, he deeply regretted not having banned the filthy party. His spotless light blue and gold suit had a mocking red stain on it. A grimace that sullied his seriousness, his presence and his dignity.

The children passed quickly, but he caught the brat who had thrown the tomato, with the stupid idea of staining his companion who was clearly not at the same height as his shoulder.

There were a lot of kids disappearing in the city, one more wasn't going to matter.

Young blood always tasted better.