Mia - Basket Case

"Mia! You have got to sit down! You can't keep getting up and dancing around the living room!" Char yelled at her wife over the blaring music. She had been chasing Mia around the house, trying and failing to get her to sit down for over an hour now. At this point, she was about to give up and just let her keep going until she popped a stitch, just to teach her a lesson, but Char couldn't do that to her baby. She loved her too much to cause her any pain, even though Mia was being the biggest pain in the ass known to man at the moment. Mia continued to ignore her, continuing to dance around in the open area of the living room while singing I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry at the top of her lungs, smiling like an idiot, without a care in the world. "Amelia Mae Roberts!" Charlotte shouted at her, loudly and with enough of a force behind it to make Mia immediately stop in her tracks and turn to Char, fear clearly evident in her eyes. "Sit your bloody ass down on the couch this instant, before you pop a stitch, or I am going to leave and make Autumn come take care of you." Charlotte said, in a stern and commanding tone, pointing to the couch. Mia looked at Char, wide eyed before saying, "Yes boss," and immediately went and sat on the couch as she was told.

Charlotte went over to the stereo and turned off the music, then went to the kitchen to get Mia's next round of medicine and a glass of water for her. When she walked back into the living room, she sat next to Mia on the couch, and handed her the meds and water. After taking the medicine, Mia looked at Charlotte, and took a deep breath. "Char, baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry." She said, looking down at the ground as tears started to fall from her face. Charlotte took her wife in her arms and cradled her against her chest. "It's okay, Mia. I'm just trying to look out for you. You just had surgery this morning, and you can't be doing this. I need you to get better, okay?" Mia nodded her head, and looked up at Char. "Can I have a kiss, please?" Mia asked, pouting like a little girl at her. Charlotte smiled and shook her head before gently kissing her sweet wife, careful not to hurt her swollen, bruised face.. They broke apart when they heard a knock on the door. "God damn it! Reecey always knows how to ruin a mood." Mia said angrily, crossing her arms and pouting angrily as Char went to answer the door.

Char opened the door and let Reece in, giving him a hug as she closed the door behind him. "Hey Char. Where's the mean redhead?" Reece asked, giggling as he heard Mia yell, "I heard that, you broody blonde!" "Ouch! How the hell did you- Marjorie..." Reece said shaking his head. Of course his wife would've sent them the videos of him after his surgery. He looked at Charlotte, who was covering her mouth with her hand, trying to hide her laughter, before rolling his eyes and saying, "How're the kids?" "They're great. They're with Autumn and Winter for a week while Mia heals. I'm surprised, though, that she hasn't asked about them. She's usually worried sick." Char said to Reece, as they walked into the living room to sit next to Mia.

Mia was staring off into space, not realizing that Reece and Char were sitting in the same room talking to her, until Reece grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly. "Mia. Anyone home? C'mon dopey I'm trying to talk to you here." Reece said, as Mia snapped out of it and glared at Reece. "I am not dopey, thank you very much. I'm very much fine." Mia said, sticking her tongue out at him, like she would all the time when they were little kids. Reece laughed and leaned back in the chair, happy that Mia was still, sort of, Mia.

"So, Reece, what is going on that you needed to talk to me so urgently tonight?" Char asked, smirking at him, because she already knew the answer. "Oh. Uhh... I... umm..." Reece was trying to come up with something to say, but before he could, Char interrupted him. "Reece, it's fine. I'm just giving you shit. I know you only wanted to come over for the live comedy show." She was laughing now, and narrowly dodged the pillow that Reece threw at her head, which made Mia go into a fit of laughter. "Hey! No fair! I can't throw pillows or I might 'get hurt'" she said, using air quotes to emphasize getting hurt by a pillow. Just then, Mia saw something out of the corner of her eye. She turned to look at it fully, and, realizing what it was, froze and went into full panic mode.