Rebirth

As soon as you arrive at your home, Jimin insists on coming inside to make sure you're okay, just like Namjoon would. You laugh and tell him, "Stop being Namjoon-hyung, Jimin-ah."

He laughs too. "I'm not, I swear."

Dumbo, jumps on you excitedly, then turns to Jimin, wanting to be picked up. Jimin notices and takes Dumbo from your arms. You touch Dumbo's face and tease him, "Now you're betraying me, you cute furry baby. I thought you missed me." you sounded like a cute little baby girl.

You catch the familiar scent of Jimin's perfume, the one you've always loved. It lingers in the air, making butterflies flutter in your stomach. You didn't dare to look at Jimin because you can feel his eyes on you, and you don't want things to feel awkward. When you finally lift your head, you see Jimin cuddling Dumbo, asking, "Do you want to stay with me tonight? I can take you home and leave Y/N here alone, huh?"

You chuckle at how cute they are together, feeling your cheeks warm up. You quickly turn away to grab some water. "Do you want some water too?" you ask Jimin.

He nods, and you walk over to the couch to hand him a glass. He's sitting there, still playing with Dumbo. "You know, you can bring Dumbo at work tomorrow if you like," Jimin says.

"Can I?" You ask with a big smile.

"Of course! I can see how much he misses you. It's not a problem if you catch up while working."

"That's nice of you," You reply. "I guess Dumbo will be my passenger tomorrow."

Jimin then asks, "Will you be okay without a personal assistant tomorrow? I can come early if you want, and we can use the company car."

You hesitate for a second, knowing he's being thoughtful, but you're confident you can manage on my own now. "I think I can handle it, just need to wake up early."

Jimin insists, "While we're looking for a new assistant, let's go with my plan for tomorrow. Namjoon-hyung will be upset if I don't do that."

For Namjoon's peace of mind, you agree. "Okay then," You says, you see him getting ready to leave. He turns to Dumbo, giving him little kisses, and you can tell Dumbo is happy. But honestly, you're even happier, with butterflies still fluttering inside you.

You walk Jimin to the door, and as he's about to leave, your hand reaches out and grabs his. He stops and turns back to you and your eyes softens looking at him and smiles genuinely, "Thank you isn't enough for everything you've done, Jimin. Please don't be too hard, and stop blaming yourself. I'm happy I have you in my life."

Your mind screams at you to stop talking, but your heart won't listen. You hug him, and it feels different, more intimate than usual. You can feel your heart racing, beating so fast it almost hurts. Jimin hugs you back, and you couldn't be happier. This is the happiest you've ever felt.

Jimin pulls away slightly, his face close to mine. Like, REAL close that you can feel his breath. "You don't know how happy I was when you woke up and remembered everything. I should be the one thanking you for fighting."

You realize how close you are, and it feels like the world has faded away. His hands gently cup your face, and says, "You're really special to me. I hope you always know that."

Your heart is pounding so loudly that you're scared he might hear it. If he does, you were both doomed because you won't be able to hold back anymore, no matter what happens next.

Jimin leans in and kisses you....

Just as you thought on the lips, but on your forehead. Feeling slightly disappointed but okay, this is enough for now. It's the first time you've felt him this close, like there's no distance between the both of you anymore. He hugs you again and whispers, "I'll see you tomorrow. Please rest well, my Y/N."